USA U20 keeper Cody Cropper did not enjoy Julio Gomez’s acrobatic Golazo for Mexico!
- March 4, 2013
Mexico and USA played each other at Under-20 level in the CONCACAF tournament on Sunday night and the derby match featured a classic “WTF!” moment.
After a 1-1 draw in 90 minutes, the game went to extra time and was swung on a piece of brilliance by Mexico’s Julio Gomez.
The highly rated Pachuca midfielder scored a terrific acrobatic goal to put Mexico ahead in the 100th minute. With El Tri going on to win 3-1.
(This is not the first time Julio Gomez has scored a wonder overhead kick goal – see his effort versus Germany at the Under-17 World Cup last year on the second video below.)
Arguably the best part about this Golazo is not the goal itself – just watch how USA keeper Cody Cropper (pictured) reacts on the video (0.07) and GIF below!
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi