- The wealthiest football clubs on the planet and how they make their money [Graphic]
- Luis Figo announces his intentions to run against Sepp Blatter for FIFA President [Video]
- Arsenal man Mesut Ozil sends out (weird) emotional thank you video to all his fans [Video]
- Jose Mourinho blasts Jamie Redknapp & Rodgers; Bemoans media “campaign” against Diego Costa [Video]
- This week’s top 5 La Masia goals from Barcelona featured some absolute crackers [Video]
USA U20 keeper Cody Cropper did not enjoy Julio Gomez’s acrobatic Golazo for Mexico!
Mexico and USA played each other at Under-20 level in the CONCACAF tournament on Sunday night and the derby match featured a classic “WTF!” moment.
After a 1-1 draw in 90 minutes, the game went to extra time and was swung on a piece of brilliance by Mexico’s Julio Gomez.
The highly rated Pachuca midfielder scored a terrific acrobatic goal to put Mexico ahead in the 100th minute. With El Tri going on to win 3-1.
(This is not the first time Julio Gomez has scored a wonder overhead kick goal – see his effort versus Germany at the Under-17 World Cup last year on the second video below.)
Arguably the best part about this Golazo is not the goal itself – just watch how USA keeper Cody Cropper (pictured) reacts on the video (0.07) and GIF below!
- Updated: March 4, 2013