- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
USA U20 keeper Cody Cropper did not enjoy Julio Gomez’s acrobatic Golazo for Mexico!
Mexico and USA played each other at Under-20 level in the CONCACAF tournament on Sunday night and the derby match featured a classic “WTF!” moment.
After a 1-1 draw in 90 minutes, the game went to extra time and was swung on a piece of brilliance by Mexico’s Julio Gomez.
The highly rated Pachuca midfielder scored a terrific acrobatic goal to put Mexico ahead in the 100th minute. With El Tri going on to win 3-1.
(This is not the first time Julio Gomez has scored a wonder overhead kick goal – see his effort versus Germany at the Under-17 World Cup last year on the second video below.)
Arguably the best part about this Golazo is not the goal itself – just watch how USA keeper Cody Cropper (pictured) reacts on the video (0.07) and GIF below!
- Updated: March 4, 2013