USA coach Jurgen Klinsmann told to get out of America on Kobe Bryant comments
USA national coach Jurgen Klinsmann is not a very popular man in America right now.
The German ex-striker is definitely not a hit with current ESPN commentator Michael Wilbon.
Klinsmann had been interviewed in the New York Times, comparing Landon Donovan to Kobe Bryant.
“This always happens in America,” Klinsmann said. “Kobe Bryant, for example — why does he get a two-year contract extension for $50 million? Because of what he is going to do in the next two years for the Lakers? Of course not. Of course not. He gets it because of what he has done before. It makes no sense. Why do you pay for what has already happened?”
Michael Wilbon responded on ‘Pardon the Interruption on Thursday.
“I’ve known Kobe Bryant,” Wilbon said. “And you, Mr. Klinsmann, are no damn Kobe Bryant. I mean seriously, Mr. Klinsmann now wants to tell all of American sports how to work. Get the hell out. Get out of America. If everything here — you want to coach this team fine. You haven’t won anything. You’re so gutless you went out and said ‘oh, our team can’t win, we can’t win.’ You’re supposed to be such a great coach, why are they paying you? They’re apparently paying you for something you did not only yesterday, but somewhere else about 4,000 miles away. I repeat: Get the hell out. When did Klinsmann become an expert on American sports?”
Watch Live Stream
- Spurs legend tipped to replace Roberto Martinez at EvertonApril 13, 2016
- Jurgen Klinsmann: USA were closer to win than Mexico in Confederations Cup Play-off (Video)October 11, 2015
- Watch Arsenal Fan TV’s reaction to Jurgen Klopp’s decision to leave Dortmund [Video]April 15, 2015
- Former Spurs player Jurgen Klinsmann: ‘Pochettino needs time to bring in his own players’ [Video]November 14, 2014
- Chelsea players struggle through quiz on USA ahead of pre-season tour (Video)July 25, 2016
- Arsenal’s David Ospina pulls off wonder save for Colombia (Video)June 26, 2016
- Did Lionel Messi perfect his free kick goal on a Japanese game show? (Video)June 22, 2016
- Tottenham’s DeAndre Yedlin showed his searing pace v Leo Messi (Video)June 22, 2016