USA boss Jurgen Klinsmann’s fan-like reaction to Eddie Johnson’s disallowed game winner v Mexico [GIF]
- April 3, 2014
The United States record a 2-2 draw with their old enemy Mexico on Wednesday night in a friendly, but the Americans believed they had a victory denied to them by a shoddy late call.
Late in the game Eddie Johnson was released by Clint Dempsey through the middle, and the former Fulham forward made no mistake in front of goal with a clinical right-footed finish.
The goal brought an immediate energetic goal celebration from USA boss Jurgen Klinsmann on the touchline, however the German’s joy quickly evapourated into dismay as they officials ruled the goal off for offside.
TV replays showed Johnson was level with the last Mexican defender when Dempsey played his through-ball.
See the footage below.
- Freddy Adu produced some mesmerising skills on his Tampa Bay Rowdies debut (Vine)
- Tottenham’s DeAndre Yedlin bags quality assist for USA v Panama (videos)
- Jamaica stun USA to reach the Gold Cup final (Official Highlights)
- USA star Alex Morgan becomes one of the first women to appear on a FIFA cover [Pictures]
- USA World Cup star Carli Lloyd attempts to dunk comedian James Corden [video]
- President Obama congratulates the USA women’s soccer team after World Cup win [Vi...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi