US soccer unites as father-in-law of Matt Reis (NE Revs) is injured in the Boston Marathon bombing
- April 16, 2013
The bombings at the Boston Marathon have reverberated around the world as innocent American civilians were killed and maimed on Monday in Massachusetts.
Sadly the incident has hit close to home for a member of the New England Revolution MLS side.
The father-in-law of Matt Reis, New England’s 38-year-old goalie who has twice represented the US national team, was one fo those injured by the bomb blasts.
One hearing the news, Tweets have been flowing from personalities throughout the American soccer family.
The Tweets can be read below.
#NERevs‘ Matt Reis’ father-in-law was injured in today’s explosion & family has requested privacy. Thoughts, prayers are w/ the Reis family.
— NE Revolution (@NERevolution) April 15, 2013
— Taylor Twellman (@TaylorTwellman) April 15, 2013
We send all our prayers to Matt Reis’ father-in-law. We are here for you.
— Mia Hamm (@MiaHamm) April 16, 2013
“@miahamm: We send all our prayers to Matt Reis’ father-in-law. We are here for you.” Please keep him and his family in your thoughts
— Abby Wambach (@AbbyWambach) April 16, 2013
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...