- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
US soccer unites as father-in-law of Matt Reis (NE Revs) is injured in the Boston Marathon bombing
The bombings at the Boston Marathon have reverberated around the world as innocent American civilians were killed and maimed on Monday in Massachusetts.
Sadly the incident has hit close to home for a member of the New England Revolution MLS side.
The father-in-law of Matt Reis, New England’s 38-year-old goalie who has twice represented the US national team, was one fo those injured by the bomb blasts.
One hearing the news, Tweets have been flowing from personalities throughout the American soccer family.
The Tweets can be read below.
#NERevs‘ Matt Reis’ father-in-law was injured in today’s explosion & family has requested privacy. Thoughts, prayers are w/ the Reis family.
— NE Revolution (@NERevolution) April 15, 2013
— Taylor Twellman (@TaylorTwellman) April 15, 2013
We send all our prayers to Matt Reis’ father-in-law. We are here for you.
— Mia Hamm (@MiaHamm) April 16, 2013
“@miahamm: We send all our prayers to Matt Reis’ father-in-law. We are here for you.” Please keep him and his family in your thoughts
— Abby Wambach (@AbbyWambach) April 16, 2013
- Updated: April 16, 2013