- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Uruguayan press convinced Edinson Cavani will join Chelsea for £50m before the World Cup
Chelsea supporters licking their wounds after the 2-0 defeat at Manchester City on Saturday will no doubt be perked up by the news spreading from Uruguay this Sunday.
The likes of Ovacion and El Pais report that Cavani’s agent has briefed the Uruguayan press, informing them that his client will be leaving PSG in the summer.
Cavani will join Chelsea for a whopping 50 million pound fee and become the main target man in Jose Mourinho’s side.
Both Ovacion and El Pais suggest that Cavani is unhappy at PSG where he plays second fiddle up front to Zlatan Ibrahimovic and has often been shunted out wide by Laurent Blanc.
Roman Abramovich is willing to pay 50 million pounds for a striker Chelsea chased last summer and will fund the move by selling both Demba Ba and Romelu Lukaku.
Edinson Cavani would undoubtedly be a sensational signing for Chelsea but you suspect the Uruguayan is not the only striker will be linked with in the coming months.
Radamel Falcao and Diego Costa are just two names constantly still linked with the Blues.
It is also rather difficult to see Cavani being allowed to leave by PSG, who hardly need the cash!
- Updated: February 16, 2014