Uruguayan press convinced Edinson Cavani will join Chelsea for £50m before the World Cup
- February 16, 2014
Chelsea supporters licking their wounds after the 2-0 defeat at Manchester City on Saturday will no doubt be perked up by the news spreading from Uruguay this Sunday.
The likes of Ovacion and El Pais report that Cavani’s agent has briefed the Uruguayan press, informing them that his client will be leaving PSG in the summer.
Cavani will join Chelsea for a whopping 50 million pound fee and become the main target man in Jose Mourinho’s side.
Both Ovacion and El Pais suggest that Cavani is unhappy at PSG where he plays second fiddle up front to Zlatan Ibrahimovic and has often been shunted out wide by Laurent Blanc.
Roman Abramovich is willing to pay 50 million pounds for a striker Chelsea chased last summer and will fund the move by selling both Demba Ba and Romelu Lukaku.
Edinson Cavani would undoubtedly be a sensational signing for Chelsea but you suspect the Uruguayan is not the only striker will be linked with in the coming months.
Radamel Falcao and Diego Costa are just two names constantly still linked with the Blues.
It is also rather difficult to see Cavani being allowed to leave by PSG, who hardly need the cash!
- Paul Pogba rejected Chelsea move after Juventus accepted €85m offer [Gazzetta]
- Kid’s got talent: Footage of Chelsea’s 12-year-old sensation Ben Elliott (V...
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Pedro finally explains his decision to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester United [Marca]
- Think Chelsea have a lot of players on loan? Wait till you see what’s going on at...
- Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma & Juve’s Paul Pogba show off sublime juggling ski...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...