Valencia keeper Guaita (€30m release clause) will meet Arsenal reps on Tuesday [Superdeporte]
Arsenal missed out on Brazilian goalie Julio Cesar earlier in the summer, but according to Spanish news agency Superdeporte the Gunners are now close to signing Valencia keeper Vicente Guaita.
Superdeporte, the Valencia based media outlet, posted a story on their website late on Monday night claiming that Arsenal representatives will meet unhappy Valencia keeper Vicente Guaita on Tuesday with a view to penning the custodian to the Emirates.
Guaita, the 6 ft 3 in, 26-year-old keeper who has previously been linked with Barcelona, has been usurped by Diego Alves as the number one at the Mestalla, leading to the player looking to move elsewhere in search of first team football.
Whether Guaita would immediately become the number one at Arsenal is open to debate, however the competition for places alongside Wojciech Szczęsny would certainly be welcomed.
Importantly, Superdeporte detail that Valencia do not want to sell Guaita at this stage, while the keeper’s contractual situation at Valencia doesn’t bode well for the Gunners. Guaita recently extended his contract at Mestalla until June 2015, and his release clause currently stands at a whopping €30 million.
Moreover, after losing his starting place in the Valencia team, Guaita recently told Marca:
I’m a Valencia player. I have two years left on my contract and I hope to stay for many more. If I’m not in the starting line-up, I will continue to fight, just as I have always done.
A collection of Vicente Guaita’s best saves from 2012-13 can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal star Alex Iwobi plays FIFA and Chills with Copa 90 (Video)September 29, 2016
- It looks like Theo Walcott is finally making good on his Alexis Sanchez arrival warningSeptember 29, 2016
- Theo Walcott on playing at a different level, post Arsenal-Basel interview (video)September 29, 2016
- Spurs star Sonaldo nutmegs Arsenal youngster Calum Chambers (video)September 29, 2016
- Barcelona legend Andoni Zubizarreta loses a La Liga goalie record to Valencia’s Diego AlvesSeptember 25, 2016
- Gary Neville’s ‘controversial’ comments about angry Valencia fans were actually complimentary (Video)September 4, 2016
- Tottenham in negotiations with Valencia over goalkeeper Diego AlvesAugust 31, 2016
- Chelsea in negotiations with Valencia to sign Aymen Abdennour [France Football]August 31, 2016