Valencia keeper Guaita (€30m release clause) will meet Arsenal reps on Tuesday [Superdeporte]
- August 20, 2013
Arsenal missed out on Brazilian goalie Julio Cesar earlier in the summer, but according to Spanish news agency Superdeporte the Gunners are now close to signing Valencia keeper Vicente Guaita.
Superdeporte, the Valencia based media outlet, posted a story on their website late on Monday night claiming that Arsenal representatives will meet unhappy Valencia keeper Vicente Guaita on Tuesday with a view to penning the custodian to the Emirates.
Guaita, the 6 ft 3 in, 26-year-old keeper who has previously been linked with Barcelona, has been usurped by Diego Alves as the number one at the Mestalla, leading to the player looking to move elsewhere in search of first team football.
Whether Guaita would immediately become the number one at Arsenal is open to debate, however the competition for places alongside Wojciech Szczęsny would certainly be welcomed.
Importantly, Superdeporte detail that Valencia do not want to sell Guaita at this stage, while the keeper’s contractual situation at Valencia doesn’t bode well for the Gunners. Guaita recently extended his contract at Mestalla until June 2015, and his release clause currently stands at a whopping €30 million.
Moreover, after losing his starting place in the Valencia team, Guaita recently told Marca:
I’m a Valencia player. I have two years left on my contract and I hope to stay for many more. If I’m not in the starting line-up, I will continue to fight, just as I have always done.
A collection of Vicente Guaita’s best saves from 2012-13 can be seen below.
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez won Chile the Copa America with a glorious penalty [Videos]
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez & Leo Messi shared warm embrace before Copa America...
- Arsenal fans (incl. Piers Morgan) mock Robin van Persie on Twitter ahead of Fenerbahçe ...
- ‘I am a Lion': Lukas Podolski officially unveiled as a Galatasaray player
- Galatasaray confirm Lukas Podolski will sign contract today, drawing his Arsenal career...
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi