Unhappy Rooney is David Moyes fault, says Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho [Guardian]
- August 25, 2013
Ahead of Manchester United’s crunch game with Chelsea, Jose Mourinho had a few words. Words which will enrage Manchester United manager David Moyes.
The story with quotes will be on Monday’s Guardian front page.
Jose Mourinho pointed the finger at David Moyes, blaming him for Rooney’s unhappiness at the club, because the new United manager described the England striker as ‘second-choice’ to Robin Van Persie.
Mourinho waged war when asked if Moyes should shoulder the blame. “Of course” he repsonded.
The Chelsea manager said “We are trying to get a player that a manager told ‘You will be a second option’ for him (Van Persie).”
A third Chelsea bid for the Manchester United forward is expected before the transfer window closes.
The video below is a few days old in which Mourinho speaks of his wish to bring in a striker.
- Papy Djilobodji is currently undergoing a medical at Chelsea ahead of €3.5m move [20 Mi...
- Chelsea fans react to news of talks with Nantes for defender Papy Djilobodji [Di Marzio]
- Chelsea & Everton fans react to the claim John Stones ‘didn’t meanR...
- Man United fan snapped wearing a Pedro shirt after the Spaniard joined Chelsea (Picture)
- PSG reject bid from Chelsea for Marquinhos [Mail]
- Chelsea loanee Lewis Baker scores & misses penalty for Vitesse (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...