Under fire West Ham boss Sam Allardyce says fans’ criticisms of him are “nonsense” [Video]
If West Ham do end up firing Sam Allardyce, the boss will not depart happily.
West Ham fans are wielding for the axe to come down on Allardyce’s reign at West Ham, with many supporters vocal about the Irons’ long-ball style of play combined with poor results.
With just two games remaining in the Premier League season and as West Ham have already notched up 37 points, it would be a major surprise were the Hammers to be relegated.
Yet, after West Ham lost at West Brom on Saturday, to confirm their fourth successive defeat, Allardyce is under pressure.
Ahead of West Ham’s next match against Spurs on Saturday, the manager has again criticised his haters.
The banners are a nonsense. It is not about the way we play – fans get upset because they haven’t won. When we went to Chelsea and the fans were very happy because we didn’t lose, that was based purely on a very well-structured defensive ploy with little or no football in possession.
It was still hailed as a great performance. Again, that points to the fact it is a results-based business.
Watch Live Stream
- Sam Allardyce could make Sunderland return if takeover goes through [The Sun]October 20, 2016
- You have to feel sorry for Big Sam Allardyce getting England sack after Scott McGarvey’s reveleationsOctober 13, 2016
- It seems Wayne Rooney didn’t lose much sleep over Big Sam’s England sackingOctober 6, 2016
- Incredible story about St George’s Park Wifi further exposes Big Sam’s enormous egoOctober 4, 2016
- West Ham fans wish they had Jermain Defoe after the Sunderland win (Fan Videos)October 22, 2016
- Aaron Cresswell talks about his red card on his West Ham return v Palace (Video)October 15, 2016
- Crystal Palace v West Ham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 13, 2016
- Michail Antonio drops off signed shirt to charity event after a match [Tweets]October 12, 2016