- Southampton’s Pablo Osvaldo pranks Inter’s Gary Medel with an exploding pen [Video]
- La Masia Barcelona top 5 youth goals of the week ft. a solo golazo at No.1 [Video]
- BOO!!!!! Man City fans howled at the UEFA anthem in protest before Bayern game [Fan Cams]
- FIFA FIFPro World XI 2014: Defenders shortlist ft. 2 Chelsea & 2 Man City
- Herrera & Rothwell (2) lead Man United U21s to 5-0 win over Blackburn [Highlights]
Under fire West Ham boss Sam Allardyce says fans’ criticisms of him are “nonsense” [Video]
If West Ham do end up firing Sam Allardyce, the boss will not depart happily.
West Ham fans are wielding for the axe to come down on Allardyce’s reign at West Ham, with many supporters vocal about the Irons’ long-ball style of play combined with poor results.
With just two games remaining in the Premier League season and as West Ham have already notched up 37 points, it would be a major surprise were the Hammers to be relegated.
Yet, after West Ham lost at West Brom on Saturday, to confirm their fourth successive defeat, Allardyce is under pressure.
Ahead of West Ham’s next match against Spurs on Saturday, the manager has again criticised his haters.
The banners are a nonsense. It is not about the way we play – fans get upset because they haven’t won. When we went to Chelsea and the fans were very happy because we didn’t lose, that was based purely on a very well-structured defensive ploy with little or no football in possession.
It was still hailed as a great performance. Again, that points to the fact it is a results-based business.
- Updated: May 1, 2014