Under fire West Ham boss Sam Allardyce says fans’ criticisms of him are “nonsense” [Video]
If West Ham do end up firing Sam Allardyce, the boss will not depart happily.
West Ham fans are wielding for the axe to come down on Allardyce’s reign at West Ham, with many supporters vocal about the Irons’ long-ball style of play combined with poor results.
With just two games remaining in the Premier League season and as West Ham have already notched up 37 points, it would be a major surprise were the Hammers to be relegated.
Yet, after West Ham lost at West Brom on Saturday, to confirm their fourth successive defeat, Allardyce is under pressure.
Ahead of West Ham’s next match against Spurs on Saturday, the manager has again criticised his haters.
The banners are a nonsense. It is not about the way we play – fans get upset because they haven’t won. When we went to Chelsea and the fans were very happy because we didn’t lose, that was based purely on a very well-structured defensive ploy with little or no football in possession.
It was still hailed as a great performance. Again, that points to the fact it is a results-based business.
Watch Live Stream
- Video of Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce raving in Marbella goes viral [Best Tweets]May 29th, 2016
- Amazing scenes at FT of Sunderland 3 – Everton 0 as Black Cats survive relegation (Video)May 11th, 2016
- The incredible atmosphere after Sunderland beat Chelsea (Video)May 7th, 2016
- Big Sam surprisingly modest after Sunderland’s big 3-2 win over Chelsea (Video)May 7th, 2016
- Leaked: West Ham’s brand new club badgeMay 23rd, 2016
- Quality: West Ham write short Facebook message to Manchester United ahead of FA Cup FinalMay 21st, 2016
- Awesome: Slaven Bilic gives surprise team talk to West Ham amateur team (Video)May 20th, 2016
- West Ham’s Reece Oxford laughs off transfer talk on social mediaMay 18th, 2016