Under fire West Ham boss Sam Allardyce says fans’ criticisms of him are “nonsense” [Video]
- May 1, 2014
If West Ham do end up firing Sam Allardyce, the boss will not depart happily.
West Ham fans are wielding for the axe to come down on Allardyce’s reign at West Ham, with many supporters vocal about the Irons’ long-ball style of play combined with poor results.
With just two games remaining in the Premier League season and as West Ham have already notched up 37 points, it would be a major surprise were the Hammers to be relegated.
Yet, after West Ham lost at West Brom on Saturday, to confirm their fourth successive defeat, Allardyce is under pressure.
Ahead of West Ham’s next match against Spurs on Saturday, the manager has again criticised his haters.
The banners are a nonsense. It is not about the way we play – fans get upset because they haven’t won. When we went to Chelsea and the fans were very happy because we didn’t lose, that was based purely on a very well-structured defensive ploy with little or no football in possession.
It was still hailed as a great performance. Again, that points to the fact it is a results-based business.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...