Unbelievable Assist: Erick Weeks Lewis (Sriwijaya) pulls off a rainbow flick v Arema ISL
- June 24, 2013
What do mean you don’t follow the second division in Indonesia!
Sunday in the ISL saw a promotion six-pointer in the ISL, as Sriwijaya leapfrogged over Arema ISL into second in the table after a 3-1 home win.
The final goal of the game was special.
With three minutes left on the clock, Liberian international Erick Weeks Lewis picked up the ball near the corner flag with two Arema ISL defenders for company.
Just as it looked like Weeks Lewis was boxed in, the attacking midfielder pulled off a Houdini-esque move by first sending a defender into a tizz with a neat shimmy, before executing a rainbow flick which took out both Arema players in one foul swoop.
Once freed, Sriwijaya’s Jay-Jay Okocha lookalike laid off a pass to a teammate in the box, who in turn set up Rizki Lestaluhu for the match winner.
Watch Erick Weeks Lewis’ unbelievable assist below. (Thanks to @andradjaafara for the tip off)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...