Unbelievable Assist: Erick Weeks Lewis (Sriwijaya) pulls off a rainbow flick v Arema ISL
- June 24, 2013
What do mean you don’t follow the second division in Indonesia!
Sunday in the ISL saw a promotion six-pointer in the ISL, as Sriwijaya leapfrogged over Arema ISL into second in the table after a 3-1 home win.
The final goal of the game was special.
With three minutes left on the clock, Liberian international Erick Weeks Lewis picked up the ball near the corner flag with two Arema ISL defenders for company.
Just as it looked like Weeks Lewis was boxed in, the attacking midfielder pulled off a Houdini-esque move by first sending a defender into a tizz with a neat shimmy, before executing a rainbow flick which took out both Arema players in one foul swoop.
Once freed, Sriwijaya’s Jay-Jay Okocha lookalike laid off a pass to a teammate in the box, who in turn set up Rizki Lestaluhu for the match winner.
Watch Erick Weeks Lewis’ unbelievable assist below. (Thanks to @andradjaafara for the tip off)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi