- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Ukraine pull out all the PR stunts as ‘too cute’ 6-year-old Timur meets Shevchenko & the rest of the national team
6-year-old Timur has overnight become the poster child for Ukrainian football.
The Euro 2012 co-hosts had a fairytale opening match as star striker Andriy Shevchenko scored a brace against Sweden that swung the game after Zlatan Ibrahimovic had fired the Scandinavians in front.
After Sheva’s second goal the cameras picked up the wonderful reaction of young Timur: the littlun raised his Ukrainian scarf high above his head whilst his eyes and mouth were wide stretched as wide as possible as the national pride beamed out of his cute, tiny face.
With that clip going viral Timur is now being celebrated in his homeland, and on Wednesday he was treated to a day he’ll never forget as he was paraded in front of the cameras at a Ukrainian training session.
Accompanied by an attractive blonde who acted as his chaperone, Timur’s picture perfect moment came when he was picked up by Shevchenko for a staged photo-shoot.
Later the youngster was allowed to run around the pitch kicking a few balls with several other children in another tugging on the heart strings moment.
Watch Timur’s special day with the Ukraine squad below.
[jwplayer config="For-all-videos" mediaid="193050"]
- Updated: June 14, 2012