- Bacary Sagna post West Brom 1 – Man City 3: ‘It was nearly impossible in the snow!’ [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers confirms Brad Jones has a thigh strain post-Burnley 0 – Liverpool 1 [Video]
- ‘We were good’: Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho not getting carried away with West Ham win [Video]
- Louis van Gaal post-Man United 3 – Newcastle 1: ‘We dominated for the 90 minutes’ [Video]
- Golazo! Liverpool loanee Jordon Ibe scores solo stunner for Derby v Birmingham [Vine]
Ukraine pull out all the PR stunts as ‘too cute’ 6-year-old Timur meets Shevchenko & the rest of the national team
6-year-old Timur has overnight become the poster child for Ukrainian football.
The Euro 2012 co-hosts had a fairytale opening match as star striker Andriy Shevchenko scored a brace against Sweden that swung the game after Zlatan Ibrahimovic had fired the Scandinavians in front.
After Sheva’s second goal the cameras picked up the wonderful reaction of young Timur: the littlun raised his Ukrainian scarf high above his head whilst his eyes and mouth were wide stretched as wide as possible as the national pride beamed out of his cute, tiny face.
With that clip going viral Timur is now being celebrated in his homeland, and on Wednesday he was treated to a day he’ll never forget as he was paraded in front of the cameras at a Ukrainian training session.
Accompanied by an attractive blonde who acted as his chaperone, Timur’s picture perfect moment came when he was picked up by Shevchenko for a staged photo-shoot.
Later the youngster was allowed to run around the pitch kicking a few balls with several other children in another tugging on the heart strings moment.
Watch Timur’s special day with the Ukraine squad below.
- Updated: June 14, 2012