UEFA reject Legia Warsaw’s appeal to have Champions League expulsion overturned
- August 14, 2014
UEFA have rejected Legia Warsaw’s appeal to have their expulsion from the Champions League overturned.
The Polish side were kicked out of the competition after fielding an ineligible player in the dying embers of the second leg of their third round clash with Celtic.
Bartosz Bereszynski was suspended for the game as Legia didn’t register him for previous ties. If they had then Bereszynski would have been allowed to play.
But to put it into context, Legia were 6-1 up on aggregate in the final minutes of the game when he was summoned from the bench so the result was never in question.
Still, the opponents they pummeled in the last round remain reinstated with Celtic due to face Maribor in the play-off round of the UEFA competition.
- Stjarnan 1 – Celtic 4: The Bhoys cruise to victory in the Champions League (Offic...
- Incredible Odds! Back Celtic to beat Starjnan in the Champions League at 4/1!!!
- Stjarnan v Celtic: Watch a Live Stream of the Champions League qualifier
- Jordan Larsson, son of Celtic legend Henrik, scores quality curler for Helsingborg v AI...
- Ex Celtic star Shunsuke Nakamura incredible 94th minute free kick golazo equaliser in J...
- Double Down! 2/1 Celtic to beat Stjarnan in the Champions League!!!
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi