UEFA reject Legia Warsaw’s appeal to have Champions League expulsion overturned
- August 14, 2014
UEFA have rejected Legia Warsaw’s appeal to have their expulsion from the Champions League overturned.
The Polish side were kicked out of the competition after fielding an ineligible player in the dying embers of the second leg of their third round clash with Celtic.
Bartosz Bereszynski was suspended for the game as Legia didn’t register him for previous ties. If they had then Bereszynski would have been allowed to play.
But to put it into context, Legia were 6-1 up on aggregate in the final minutes of the game when he was summoned from the bench so the result was never in question.
Still, the opponents they pummeled in the last round remain reinstated with Celtic due to face Maribor in the play-off round of the UEFA competition.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...