- A shirtless Thierry Henry reacts to New York Red Bulls 1 – New England Revolution 2 [Video]
- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
- AC Milan 1 – Inter Milan 1 [Video Highlights]
- ‘Oh No You Don’t!’ Xavi forced Messi back out onto pitch to receive guard of honour [GIF]
UEFA reject Legia Warsaw’s appeal to have Champions League expulsion overturned
UEFA have rejected Legia Warsaw’s appeal to have their expulsion from the Champions League overturned.
The Polish side were kicked out of the competition after fielding an ineligible player in the dying embers of the second leg of their third round clash with Celtic.
Bartosz Bereszynski was suspended for the game as Legia didn’t register him for previous ties. If they had then Bereszynski would have been allowed to play.
But to put it into context, Legia were 6-1 up on aggregate in the final minutes of the game when he was summoned from the bench so the result was never in question.
Still, the opponents they pummeled in the last round remain reinstated with Celtic due to face Maribor in the play-off round of the UEFA competition.
- Updated: August 14, 2014