- Ex-US wunderkid Freddy Adu is unemployed again. FK Jagodina axe him after 0 games in 6 months
- Junior Viza (Juan Aurich) overhead kick golazo in 3rd leg of Peruvian final [Video]
- Melanie Rickinger takes Christian Lell to court for spying on her messages with Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil
- Crazy odds: Back Chelsea at 4/1 to win at Stoke on Monday night!!!!
- Liverpool man Martin Skrtel posts pictures of his head wound to Instagram after Arsenal game
Doing a Tyson: Emerson Sheik (Corinthians) takes a bite out of Matias Caruzzo (Boca Juniors)
Corinthians have done it!
On Wednesday night the Brazilian powerhouse rewrote their record books by winning their first ever Copa Libertadores championship. Having drawn 1-1 at Boca Juniors in the first leg, Corinthians won the return fixture 2-0 (aggregate 3-1) to win the most prestigious trophy in South American club football.
The hero of the hour was Emerson Sheik, who left an indelible impression on this year’s competition by scoring both goals against Boca. But that wasn’t the only mark Sheik left: he also was involved in a shocking incident when he took a bite out of Matias Caruzzo’s hand in the 89th minute.
The episode came about after Boca defender Caruzzo had fouled Sheik. Once grounded the brace-scoring match-winner lost the plot as he sunk his gnashers into the hand of the Argentine defender.
Amazingly the incident went unseen by the officials and, with Corinthians subbing Sheik almost immediately after his bite, Sheik got away without even a booking.
Watch Emerson Sheik’s shocking bite on Matias Caruzzo below.
- Updated: July 5, 2012