Doing a Tyson: Emerson Sheik (Corinthians) takes a bite out of Matias Caruzzo (Boca Juniors)
- July 5, 2012
Corinthians have done it!
On Wednesday night the Brazilian powerhouse rewrote their record books by winning their first ever Copa Libertadores championship. Having drawn 1-1 at Boca Juniors in the first leg, Corinthians won the return fixture 2-0 (aggregate 3-1) to win the most prestigious trophy in South American club football.
The hero of the hour was Emerson Sheik, who left an indelible impression on this year’s competition by scoring both goals against Boca. But that wasn’t the only mark Sheik left: he also was involved in a shocking incident when he took a bite out of Matias Caruzzo’s hand in the 89th minute.
The episode came about after Boca defender Caruzzo had fouled Sheik. Once grounded the brace-scoring match-winner lost the plot as he sunk his gnashers into the hand of the Argentine defender.
Amazingly the incident went unseen by the officials and, with Corinthians subbing Sheik almost immediately after his bite, Sheik got away without even a booking.
Watch Emerson Sheik’s shocking bite on Matias Caruzzo below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”199151″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi