- A shirtless Thierry Henry reacts to New York Red Bulls 1 – New England Revolution 2 [Video]
- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
- AC Milan 1 – Inter Milan 1 [Video Highlights]
- ‘Oh No You Don’t!’ Xavi forced Messi back out onto pitch to receive guard of honour [GIF]
Two world class backheel golazos in one night: Jackson Martinez (Porto) & Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG)
Two late games on the continent on Sunday night produced two world class backheel golazos.
Porto faced off against Sporting Lisbon in the big Liga Sagres match at the end of the weekend, and the Dragons took the lead which a sensational goal from forward Jackson Martinez.
Danilo picked out Colombian attacker Jackson Martinez standing with his back to goal in the 8th minute. The striker then produced a magical finished: he flicked the ball up with his first touch before pirouetting into a position to reverse backheel the ball into net with his final touch.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic moved to 199 career league goals on Sunday night during PSG’s 2-2 draw at fierce rivals Marseille, and the Swedes’ first goal in the match was equally unbelievable.
After OM had taken the lead, PSG won a corner in the 23rd minute. Brazilian left-back Maxwell swung in the dead-ball from the left-hand side, and Zlatan connected with a sublime backheel karate volleyed shot that whizzed into the back of the net.
It was unstoppable.
- Updated: October 7, 2012