Two Liverpool fans hold an abusive banner outside Goodison Park before the derby with Everton [Picture]
Round 12 of the Premier League kicks off with one of the showpiece games of the season on Saturday, as Everton host Liverpool in the Merseyside derby.
Liverpool currently occupy second place in the table while Everton sit a few places back in sixth.
A win for the Reds who put them a point above Arsenal into top spot, whilst the Toffees would join their city rivals on 23 points should them win on home soil.
With pride and crucial points at stake in the derby, a couple of Liverpool lads have started the banter early by standing outside Goodison Park with an abusive banner and the image has spread virally.
See the picture below, together with a sample response from one Everton fan who couldn’t help but bark back online.
That "Empty Fucking Cabinet" banner is brilliant, 9 league titles 5 FA Cups 1 European Cup Winners cup says otherwise. Thick cunts
— Conor Wardale (@ConorWardale) November 20, 2013
Watch Live Stream
- Hilarious: Chelsea target Romelu Lukaku gets brilliantly pranked in Belgium training (Video)May 26th, 2016
- Man United & Man City to fight it out for £45m rated John Stones [M.E.N]May 25th, 2016
- Everton fans don’t want David Moyes to come back, start extremely unsentimental hashtag [Tw...May 24th, 2016
- Romelu Lukaku’s summer move from Everton to Chelsea feels like it’s getting closer [E...May 24th, 2016
- Three lucky fans chat to former Liverpool star John Barnes on Skype (Video)May 28th, 2016
- Liverpool fans turn on UEFA as it transpires Mamadou Sakho was wrongfully banned for doping [Tweets]May 28th, 2016
- Ex-Liverpool man Steven Gerrard wishes Fernando Torres good luck in CL Final [Instagram]May 28th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho free to play after 1-month doping ban expires [L’Equipe]May 28th, 2016