- Trollstation, the idiot pitch invaders at Spurs v Partizan, admit they are Arsenal supporters
- Angel Di Maria compares Man United’s Wayne Rooney to Lionel Messi [Daily Mail]
- Respect! Bayern’s Mario Gotze is selling his World Cup winning boot for charity [Bild]
- Man United want Real Madrid’s Carlo Ancelotti to replace Van Gaal, may offer €16m a year [Tuttosport]
- Robin van Persie isn’t good enough for Man United [Star & Sun]
Two own goal golazos: Marko Vejinovic (Heracles) & Matias Appelt (Progreso)
Two stunning own goals were spotted over the weekend in world football.
In Holland on Sunday Groningen beat Heracles 2-0, and the opening goal of the game were an absolutely doozy from defender Marko Vejinovic.
Vejinovic, a 22-year-old Serb, sliced a stunning strike into his own net on the hour when he connected with a beautiful volley that rocketed into his own goal.
Arguably an even better own goal golazo was seen in Uruguay on Saturday night as Nacional thumped Progreso 6-1.
On the stroke of halftime Nacional took a 3-1 lead in the match courtesy of a comic og from midfielder Matias Appelt, who screwed up cutting out a cross from the left by walloping a beauty into the top corner.
- Updated: December 3, 2012