- Jamie Carragher takes dig at Raheem Sterling on Twitter & berates Liverpool’s recruitment policy
- Fernando Torres describes Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard as the ideal footballer [Video]
- Incredibly wet conditions cause hilarious fail during Montpellier’s clash with Caen [Vine]
- Brendan Rodgers describes Steven Gerrard’s performance v Aston Villa as ‘excellent’ [Video]
- Man United target Memphis Depay uploads video singing with the fans at PSV’s title parade
Two own goal golazos: Marko Vejinovic (Heracles) & Matias Appelt (Progreso)
- December 3, 2012
Two stunning own goals were spotted over the weekend in world football.
In Holland on Sunday Groningen beat Heracles 2-0, and the opening goal of the game were an absolutely doozy from defender Marko Vejinovic.
Vejinovic, a 22-year-old Serb, sliced a stunning strike into his own net on the hour when he connected with a beautiful volley that rocketed into his own goal.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”264887″]
Arguably an even better own goal golazo was seen in Uruguay on Saturday night as Nacional thumped Progreso 6-1.
On the stroke of halftime Nacional took a 3-1 lead in the match courtesy of a comic og from midfielder Matias Appelt, who screwed up cutting out a cross from the left by walloping a beauty into the top corner.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”264888″]