- Robbie Keane trains with Ireland’s Special Olympics football team [Video]
- Falcao starts! Aston Villa v Manchester United [Team Sheets]
- Perth Glory’s 17 yr old Daniel De Silva makes his own volley with back to goal! (Keeper though!)
- Nearly as bad as QPR’s! Oscar, Hazard & Ivanovic star in awful Chelsea Christmas video
- Amateur player in Peru tries backheel penalty, gets it spectacularly wrong!
Twitter trolls attack Daniel Levy for being “Jewish” in Bale’s transfer saga from Spurs to Real Madrid
Jay Stoll, the General Secretary of The LSE Students’ Union, released a Tweet on Tuesday night highlighting a group of online trolls who were spouting anti-semitic abuse at Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy.
Referring to the micro-blogging site as “a cesspit of filth”, Stoll put a spotlight on those Twitter trolls who are only too eager to claim that “£85m for Bale… because Daniel Levy is a ‘Jewish greedy bastard.’”
With abuse on Twitter now such a hot topic after a 25-year-old UK man was arrested on suspicion of harassment just last night for attacking two women including a Labour MP, it probably should come as no surprise that Tottenham’s Daniel Levy has found his Jewish identity a source of anti-semitism over his handling of the Gareth Bale situation.
It goes without saying, also, that Tottenham are well known for having a large Jewish fan-base.
Looking to name and shame those Twitter trolls, below is a compilation of some of the nastiest abuse levelled at Tottenham’s chairman.
- Updated: July 31, 2013