- AC Milan outsider Philippe Mexes: ‘My objective now is to embarrass those who badmouth me’
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere begins his ankle recovery in bed with Sky Sports News [Instagram]
- Robin van Persie may leave Man United to join Inter Milan for £10m [Telegraph]
- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
Twitter trolls attack Daniel Levy for being “Jewish” in Bale’s transfer saga from Spurs to Real Madrid
Jay Stoll, the General Secretary of The LSE Students’ Union, released a Tweet on Tuesday night highlighting a group of online trolls who were spouting anti-semitic abuse at Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy.
Referring to the micro-blogging site as “a cesspit of filth”, Stoll put a spotlight on those Twitter trolls who are only too eager to claim that “£85m for Bale… because Daniel Levy is a ‘Jewish greedy bastard.’”
With abuse on Twitter now such a hot topic after a 25-year-old UK man was arrested on suspicion of harassment just last night for attacking two women including a Labour MP, it probably should come as no surprise that Tottenham’s Daniel Levy has found his Jewish identity a source of anti-semitism over his handling of the Gareth Bale situation.
It goes without saying, also, that Tottenham are well known for having a large Jewish fan-base.
Looking to name and shame those Twitter trolls, below is a compilation of some of the nastiest abuse levelled at Tottenham’s chairman.
- Updated: July 31, 2013