Twitter trolls attack Daniel Levy for being “Jewish” in Bale’s transfer saga from Spurs to Real Madrid
- July 31, 2013
Jay Stoll, the General Secretary of The LSE Students’ Union, released a Tweet on Tuesday night highlighting a group of online trolls who were spouting anti-semitic abuse at Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy.
Referring to the micro-blogging site as “a cesspit of filth”, Stoll put a spotlight on those Twitter trolls who are only too eager to claim that “£85m for Bale… because Daniel Levy is a ‘Jewish greedy bastard.'”
With abuse on Twitter now such a hot topic after a 25-year-old UK man was arrested on suspicion of harassment just last night for attacking two women including a Labour MP, it probably should come as no surprise that Tottenham’s Daniel Levy has found his Jewish identity a source of anti-semitism over his handling of the Gareth Bale situation.
It goes without saying, also, that Tottenham are well known for having a large Jewish fan-base.
Looking to name and shame those Twitter trolls, below is a compilation of some of the nastiest abuse levelled at Tottenham’s chairman.
- AC Milan v Tottenham
- James Rodriguez & Gareth Bale both score in 2-0 Real Madrid win over Spurs (Highli...
- Watch Dele Alli’s impressive individual highlights for Tottenham v Real Madrid (V...
- Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris will sign for Man United when David De Gea finally leaves for ...
- Gareth Bale scores solo wonder goal from distance against former club Spurs (Video)
- Dele Alli is the toast of Twitter after nutmegging half of Real Madrid’s midfield...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi