- Barcelona 2 – Valencia 0: Leo Messi scores his 400th goal in the win [Official Highlights]
- Good Guy Ter Stegen celebrates his Barça rival Claudio Bravo’s penalty save [GIF]
- Wembley staff show their colours: Reading arrive amid rapturous applause, Arsenal to silence [Video]
- Messi Milestone: Leo scores his 400th Barcelona goal v Valencia [Videos]
- Barça’s Luis Suarez given brilliant standing ovation after Valencia goal and performance [Video]
Twitter reacts to the horror miss by Colombia striker Gutierrez v Ivory Coast [Tweets]
- June 19, 2014
Despite Colombia’s game against Ivory Coast being an open game with both teams willing to attack, it’s been surprisingly event free.
Well, almost. Colombia had a golden opportunity to break the deadlock only to be denied by the ineptitude of striker Teofilo Gutierrez.
The River Plate forward was given a chance to put his side in front after a jinking James Rodriguez run concluded with him having the goal at his mercy; unfortunately, he completely fluffed his lines and hit the ball wide.
There is a chance it may have been ruled out for offside but that didn’t spare him from some Twitter scorn.
Gutierrez pondering best side for his photo shoot for Golden Boot and whether to accept Degree sponsorship and…"Wait — I missed?"
— Graham Parker (@KidWeil) June 19, 2014
— BBC Radio 5 live (@bbc5live) June 19, 2014
— Colin Seiler (@colinseiler) June 19, 2014
[PHOTO] Gutierrez misses a golden opportunity in the 1st half vs. Ivory Coast. pic.twitter.com/cnPrOT8NEH
— NBS Sports (@NoseBleedSS) June 19, 2014
OOOOOOOOOOOH TEO. HOW? HOW? WHY?
— SB Nation Soccer (@SBNationSoccer) June 19, 2014
Teó, Teó, Teó. Busquets would be proud.
— Tom Coast (@thcoast) June 19, 2014
That has happened a million times to me. Then again, i'm not playing at the World Cup. Probably why.
— OutsideoftheBoot.com (@OOTB_football) June 19, 2014
That was a Busquets level miss by Gutierrez
— Gappistan Radio (@GappistanRadio) June 19, 2014
Teo Gutierrez is definitely screwing up some chances. Time for Jackson!!
— Giel Picquet (@GielVCF) June 19, 2014