Twitter goes into a frenzy with the news that David Moyes’ sacking from Manchester United is ‘imminent’
- April 21, 2014
Sky Sports News have just checked Twitter and are now reporting that Moyes could be sacked…
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) April 21, 2014
The first rumblings emerged last night, as it surfaced that the defeat at Everton had provoked doubts among the Manchester United board on Moyes.
This afternoon, the story has grown to epic proportions, with ESPN tweeting that Moyes’ sacking is actually imminent; it now looks for all the world like Moyes won’t see out the day as Man United manager.
As par for the course, Twitter has jumped the gun, with people tweeting odds for the next United boss, and even linking Moyes with the Spurs job.
To be clear: at the time of writing, Moyes has yet to be sacked, but it’s a question of hours according to authoritative sources on Twitter.
Where does this leave Fellaini?
— Tom Coast (@sardinetrawler) April 21, 2014
Moyes hasn’t even been sacked yet but apparently there’s a deal in place for him to be appointed by Spurs. Twitter, ya killing me mate.
— Spooky (@Spooky23) April 21, 2014
Moyes too grateful for too long – needed to impose himself from off. did not know how.
— Kevin Garside (@GARSIDEK) April 21, 2014
Hoping there’s an exclusive column from “behind the scenes” in the next issue of Rio’s #5 magazine
— James Tyler (@JamesTylerESPN) April 21, 2014
— Chef (@champ_ian) April 21, 2014
You could see several games ago that Man Utd’s players had bailed out on David Moyes. There’s almost never a way back from that.
— Paul Hayward (@_PaulHayward) April 21, 2014
Klopp to Man Utd chances hover near the zero per cent mark. Not *totally* impossible but close enough
— Raphael Honigstein (@honigstein) April 21, 2014
— Rebecca Stephenson (@1rebs) April 21, 2014
if MUFC serious about emulating bayern model, then sidelining ferguson seems like last thing they should do. isn’t he allowed one mistake?
— Ken Early (@kenearlys) April 21, 2014
The immediacy of modern life strikes again.
— Andrew Thomas (@andi_thomas) April 21, 2014
Said last Friday on ‘STADIUM': Manchester United decided to sack David Moyes, and was holding talks w Van Gaal.Didn’t expect so soon though
— Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri) April 21, 2014
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Man United’s away record under Louis van Gaal is much worse than under David Moye...
- Watch how David Moyes & Unai Emery reacted to Real Sociedad 4 – Sevilla 3 [v...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi