Twitter erupts with laughter as Man City select Demichelis to mark Barcelona’s Lionel Messi
- February 18, 2014
The definition of YOLO – Giving Demichelis the job of marking Lionel Messi in a massive Champions League match
— John NOT Terry (@BigJohnTerry) February 18, 2014
Eyebrows have been raised, Carlo Ancelotti-style, at Manuel Pellegrini’s ballsy decision to pick Demichelis for Man City tonight.
The Argentine is widely regarded as a slow, laborious and clumsy weak link in the City side, and the decision is a curious one.
Demichelis was singled out for ridicule in City’s loss to Chelsea in the league two weeks ago, so it’s hard to understand Pellegrini’s thinking here.
More, word is he’s been tasked with marking some guy called Lionel Messi…
Here’s how Twitter reacted.
Demichelis vs. Messi. I don't need to say anything more, this is going to get nasty.
— FutbolBible (@FutbolBible) February 18, 2014
Messi up against Demichelis could get a bit…Messi…
— Jay_Riley (@Jay_78_) February 18, 2014
Demichelis starts for Manchester City. Have fun, Lionel.
— Natter Football (@NATTERFOOTBALL) February 18, 2014
This will not end well RT @eaamalyon: Demichelis v Messi? *empties savings*
— Mirror Football (@MirrorFootball) February 18, 2014
Man City are playing Demichelis against Barcelona tonight. That's like putting a flip-flop outside your front door to stop floods getting in
— John Brennan (@ActingAnEejit) February 18, 2014
Barcelona team-talk: Demichelis is playing.
— Stuart Roy Clarke (@HOMESofFOOTBALL) February 18, 2014
Messi v Demichelis will probably be as one-sided as the Countdown Clock
— Çarlton Çole (@_CarltonCole9) February 18, 2014
The moment Man City fans heard about Demichelis starting. https://t.co/TzHf7Oum1V
— Football Vines (@Vine_Football) February 18, 2014
Messi v Demichelis is the sort of thing that should only be allowed to happen after the kids have gone to bed.
— Matthew Stanger (@MatthewStanger) February 18, 2014
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...