- Robin van Persie made his Man United return for the U21s v Leicester [Individual highlights]
- Russian international Ivan Novoseltsev proposes to his girlfriend on the pitch at full time [Video]
- Michael Owen doubles down on his belief that Liverpool’s Sterling is better than Arsenal’s Ozil [Video]
- Man United & Liverpool’s hopes to sign Memphis Depay complicated as Pep Guardiola reveals his hand
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus now faces a criminal record for driving without a licence [Bild]
Tuttosport: Arturo Vidal is relaxed, Man United move looking less likely
- August 13, 2014
With Manchester United being linked by the English press with the likes of Angel Di Maria and in Spain with Juan Cuadrado, it is looking increasingly unlikely that Arturo Vidal will end up at Old Trafford this summer.
Tuttosport, a Turin based newspaper, have an update on the Vidal rumours and they suggest any move is now looking less likely than it did at the beginning of the summer.
Vidal is reportedly relaxed on the Juventus tour of Asia and Australia, laughing and joking with team mates and fans as he prepares for the new campaign.
Tuttosport confirm that Manchester United did approach Juventus at the start of the summer and may well return but there has been no bid in recent days.
The Italian sports paper goes on to say that Juventus are giving United the option to make their move before August 15th (this coming Friday), a kind of unofficial date to complete the transfer by.
This is because The Old Lady would struggle to replace Vidal adequately with just two weeks left in the summer transfer window.