Triple Miss! PSV attack conspires to somehow miss open goal V FC Zwolle
- January 19, 2013
PSV suffered a classic case of Sod’s Law in their shock home defeat to FC Zwolle in Friday’s Eredivisie match : everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.
This triple miss just about summed up PSV’s night.
At 2-1 down, PSV somehow turned up the opportunity to equalise with a triplet of misses in the one action.
If Tim Matavz could hardly be blamed for missing the first chance such was the ‘keeper’s quick reflexes, the same can’t be said for Dries Mertens or Jermain Lens.
Mertens inexplicably hit his rebound straight at the keeper’s leg, and Lens then comically lost his footing and missed a wide open goal. The shock around the stadium was palpable. And Dick looked none too pleased!
As FAILS go, this was EPIC!
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”287140″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...