Triple Miss! PSV attack conspires to somehow miss open goal V FC Zwolle
- January 19, 2013
PSV suffered a classic case of Sod’s Law in their shock home defeat to FC Zwolle in Friday’s Eredivisie match : everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.
This triple miss just about summed up PSV’s night.
At 2-1 down, PSV somehow turned up the opportunity to equalise with a triplet of misses in the one action.
If Tim Matavz could hardly be blamed for missing the first chance such was the ‘keeper’s quick reflexes, the same can’t be said for Dries Mertens or Jermain Lens.
Mertens inexplicably hit his rebound straight at the keeper’s leg, and Lens then comically lost his footing and missed a wide open goal. The shock around the stadium was palpable. And Dick looked none too pleased!
As FAILS go, this was EPIC!
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”287140″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi