Thomas Muller says he rejected Man United & higher wages to stay at Bayern Munich [Bild]
- August 20, 2014
German tabloid Bild have an interview with Bayern Munich forward Thomas Muller on Wednesday in which the German World Cup winner openly discussed an official approach from Manchester United earlier this summer.
Muller, who scored 26 goals in all competitions last term, was the subject of an official bid from Old Trafford, however the attacking midfielder chose to reject the approach out of hand.
Muller told Bild:
[On Manchester United’s multi million euros offer], of course, I was aware that I could theoretically earn more with a transfer.
The sums that were standing by foreign clubs in the room were already astronomical.
I can only say: For me, a change was never really an issue anyway. FC Bayern is my club.
(Credit to @ for the translation)
- Bayern’s Mario Gotze throws first pitch at LA Dodgers-NY Mets game [Video]
- Bayern open talks with Man United’s Ed Woodward for the €50m purchase of Angel Di...
- Pep Guardiola: Bastian Schweinsteiger needs to decide on a Man United move [Quotes]
- New Bayern Munich attacker Douglas Costa gives first interview since £21m move [Video]
- Man United put together a €160m package (transfer fee & wages) for Bayern’s ...
- Done Deal: Bayern Munich confirm the signing of Douglas Costa
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi