Thomas Muller says he rejected Man United & higher wages to stay at Bayern Munich [Bild]
- August 20, 2014
German tabloid Bild have an interview with Bayern Munich forward Thomas Muller on Wednesday in which the German World Cup winner openly discussed an official approach from Manchester United earlier this summer.
Muller, who scored 26 goals in all competitions last term, was the subject of an official bid from Old Trafford, however the attacking midfielder chose to reject the approach out of hand.
Muller told Bild:
[On Manchester United’s multi million euros offer], of course, I was aware that I could theoretically earn more with a transfer.
The sums that were standing by foreign clubs in the room were already astronomical.
I can only say: For me, a change was never really an issue anyway. FC Bayern is my club.
(Credit to @ for the translation)
- Pep Guardiola says Schweinsteiger hasn’t been in top physical condition for three...
- Pep Guardiola says Gotze is one of his favourite players amid talk of De Bruyne swap de...
- Manuel Neuer & Thomas Muller do simultaneous quick-fire interview (Video)
- Bayern Munich v AC Milan
- Arsenal flop Nicklas Bendtner wins the Super Cup with an 89th minute leveller & wi...
- Manuel Neuer made a classic defensive diving header for Bayern v Wolfsburg in the Super...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi