The €1bn window: Man United’s €122m net spend, Arsenal €46.4m, Liverpool €35.7m & more
- September 2, 2014
A huge thanks to the good people at @sportingintel for putting this data together.
As Sky Sports News kept on enjoying reminding people on transfer deadline day, the 2014 summer window was the highest spending window of all time.
Posting mind-bogglingly high numbers, the Premier League clubs spent more than €1 billion collectively, or £857.7 million of the Queen’s coinage.
Taking a broad-brush look at what happened, Southampton were the big money makers in the summer as the Saints swelled their coffers by €30.7 million.
Only two other Premier League clubs made money, with Daniel Levy’s Tottenham raising their P/L by €6.5m, and Chelsea also posted a transfer profit of €800,000.
As for the big spenders, Manchester United had the biggest outlay, with a total net spend of €122 million.
Man United’s spending dwarfed their rivals by a considerable margin, as Arsenal were the second biggest net spenders at €46.4m, Liverpool paid out €35.7m, while Roberto Martinez’s Everton came in fourth shelling out €32.8 million.
Thumb over all the Premier League spending stats above.
Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
Open a new account with William Hill, Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...