Spanish papers link both Arsenal’s Vermaelen & Liverpool’s Agger to Barcelona [SPORT & MD]
Throughout the summer Barcelona have continuously been on the lookout for a new centre-half, as the Catalans aim to boost their defensive options before the new season.
That issue is again the centre of attention for papers SPORT and Mundo Deportivo on Wednesday, as Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen and Liverpool’s Daniel Agger are both – once again – rumoured to be targets for the Catalans.
As for Vermaelen, aside from Luis Enrique’s side, Mundo Deportivo believe that Manchester United (unlikely) and Liverpool (surely not!) could be interested in the 29-year-old.
On Agger, the Danish international is thought to be up for sale at Liverpool after the club signed Dejan Lovren from Southampton in recent days.
Noticeably, both SPORT and Mundo Deportivo report that Barceona’s number one target is PSG defender Marquinhos, however belief is that the Parisians are unwilling to allow the Brazilian to leave their club this summer.
- Alejandro Grimaldo hits out at Luis Enrique for neglecting Barcelona B team (Quotes)
- The next generation of Leo Messi: Barcelona’s Masia-academy’s top 5 weekend...
- Barcelona’s kids scored another set of magical goals last week (Video)
- Barcelona also want Liverpool target Pierre Emerick Aubameyang [El Mundo Deportivo]
- Djibril Cisse denies any involvement in sex tape blackmail of Mathieu Valbuena [Le Figaro]
- Why James Milner is crucial to Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool revolution [Statistics]
- Tottenham v Liverpool: Watch a Live Stream of the Premier League match
- Carlo Ancelotti was offered Liverpool job before Jurgen Klopp, claims former Spurs boss...