Spanish papers link both Arsenal’s Vermaelen & Liverpool’s Agger to Barcelona [SPORT & MD]
- July 30, 2014
Throughout the summer Barcelona have continuously been on the lookout for a new centre-half, as the Catalans aim to boost their defensive options before the new season.
That issue is again the centre of attention for papers SPORT and Mundo Deportivo on Wednesday, as Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen and Liverpool’s Daniel Agger are both – once again – rumoured to be targets for the Catalans.
As for Vermaelen, aside from Luis Enrique’s side, Mundo Deportivo believe that Manchester United (unlikely) and Liverpool (surely not!) could be interested in the 29-year-old.
On Agger, the Danish international is thought to be up for sale at Liverpool after the club signed Dejan Lovren from Southampton in recent days.
Noticeably, both SPORT and Mundo Deportivo report that Barceona’s number one target is PSG defender Marquinhos, however belief is that the Parisians are unwilling to allow the Brazilian to leave their club this summer.
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi