- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Real’s Xabi Alonso is up for sale amid concerns he’s lost too much weight [El Confidencial]
The lead story for El Confidencial on Tuesday is the news that Real Madrid are open to selling Xabi Alonso this summer amid concerns he’s lost too much weight.
The former Liverpool midfielder is said to be worrying Real’s coaching staff with his lack of fitness during pre-season.
The report details how manager Carlo Ancelotti have noticed Alonso has “little strength” in these early days of training, while they also believe the Spanish international has dropped significant pounds.
All of those factors have lead Real to conclude that the 32-year-old’s future at the Santiago Bernabeu is up for sale. The paper, however, fail to report just how much Xabi Alonso would cost, nor do they disclose which clubs may be interested in buying the midfielder.
It’s also worth noting that Alonso appears to have fallen behind Luka Modric and Toni Kroos in the pecking order for next season, while Real have also been rumoured to be chasing Wolfsburg’s Luiz Gustavo for 25 million euros.
- Updated: August 5, 2014