Real Madrid retain a long term goal of signing Thibaut Courtois from Chelsea [El Confidencial]
- August 5, 2014
Spanish paper El Confidencial report on Tuesday that Real Madrid’s long term plan between the sticks is to sign Thibaut Courtois from Chelsea.
The news that Courtois is a Los Blancos target comes the day after Keylor Navas arrived in Madrid to join Carlo Ancelotti’s side.
Real now have three top goalies on their books (Navas, Iker Casillas and Diego Lopez), and the consensus opinion is that the Madridistas need to offload one of their goalies before the season starts.
El Confidencial now report that Casillas is the likeliest keeper to be sold by Los Blancos, while the paper also state that Real’s long term goal is to sign Courtois, whom they believe could return to Spain as early as next summer.
Interestingly, when considering the possible next stop for Casillas should he leave Real, El Confidencial note that the three clubs vying for his signature are Monaco, Napoli and Chelsea.
Returning to Thibaut Courtois, the Belgium number one played his first match for Chelsea last weekend in a defeat to Werder Bremen, where the goalie made a terrific one handed save , and that save can be watched below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...