Real Madrid retain a long term goal of signing Thibaut Courtois from Chelsea [El Confidencial]
- August 5, 2014
Spanish paper El Confidencial report on Tuesday that Real Madrid’s long term plan between the sticks is to sign Thibaut Courtois from Chelsea.
The news that Courtois is a Los Blancos target comes the day after Keylor Navas arrived in Madrid to join Carlo Ancelotti’s side.
Real now have three top goalies on their books (Navas, Iker Casillas and Diego Lopez), and the consensus opinion is that the Madridistas need to offload one of their goalies before the season starts.
El Confidencial now report that Casillas is the likeliest keeper to be sold by Los Blancos, while the paper also state that Real’s long term goal is to sign Courtois, whom they believe could return to Spain as early as next summer.
Interestingly, when considering the possible next stop for Casillas should he leave Real, El Confidencial note that the three clubs vying for his signature are Monaco, Napoli and Chelsea.
Returning to Thibaut Courtois, the Belgium number one played his first match for Chelsea last weekend in a defeat to Werder Bremen, where the goalie made a terrific one handed save , and that save can be watched below.
- Jose Mourinho confused by Chelsea’s 2 red cards in 3 games (Video)
- Jose Mourinho refuses to answer questions about Everton boss Roberto Martinez (Video)
- Roberto Martinez draws a line under John Stones saga, confirms defender is staying at E...
- Chelsea target John Stones forced to “flee” his home by Everton “hate...
- The ‘Chinese Sergio Ramos’ tells Reuters he’s joining Chelsea (so is ...
- Chelsea thwarted again: Everton reject John Stones’ transfer request
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...