Portuguese paper Record reveal Liverpool up efforts to sign FC Porto striker Jackson Martinez
With around six weeks to go before the winter transfer window opens, one team in England who desperately need to bring in some extra quality is LIverpool.
Fresh from a 3-1 defeat at Crystal Palace last weekend, Liverpool have problems all over the pitch, with finding goals just one of the pressing issues for Brendan Rodgers.
Having sold Luis Suarez to Barcelona last summer, Liverpool have so far be unable to replace the Uruguayan’s impact up top, particularly as Daniel Sturridge has been repeatedly injured this campaign.
With Mario Balotelli also not looking like the solution tho the Reds problems, today’s edition of Portuguese paper Record has on it’s front page that Liverpool are chasing FC Porto striker Jackson Martinez.
Record take their lead from a report in the Daily Star, claiming LIverpool are ready to bid 30 million pounds for the Colombian striker.
Man City v Bayern Munich – EXCLUSIVE OFFER!
- Jurgen Klopp joked about boss tha in pre Liverpool v Bordeaux presser (Video)
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists Daniel Sturridge is ‘closer’ to return (Video)
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- 442oons: Jurgen Klopp goes heavy metal after Man City 1-4 Liverpool (video)
- An explanation of how a draw for Chelsea v Porto will qualify the Blues in the Champions League
- Callum Connolly scores superb goal for Everton U21s v Porto (Video)
- Chelsea have Porto’s Ruben Neves in their viewfinder plus four other players [A Bola]
- Porto v Benfica was recorded in 360º cameras so viewers can play around with the footage (Video)