- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Man Utd restrict media asking Di Maria about his Marca letter saying he didn’t want to leave Real Madrid
Rob Harris, a reporter from the Associated Press, dropped an interesting tweet as Manchester United unveiled new signing Angel Di Maria at Old Trafford.
After completing his transfer from the Santiago Bernabeu, Di Maria posted a letter onto the website of Spanish paper Marca in which the Argentine said he didn’t want to leave Real Madrid.
Di Maria wrote:
Unfortunately today I have to go, but I want to make clear that this was never my desire.
After winning “La Decima” I went to the World Cup with the hope of receiving a new contract, which never came.
Hala Madrid! And until forever!
According to Harris, journalists were banned by Manchester United’s media department from asking any uncomfortable questions about Di Maria’s letter during his unveiling.
Watching MUTV, Man Utd restrict media from asking Di Maria about letter to Marca saying he didn't want to leave Real Madrid
— Rob Harris (@RobHarris) August 28, 2014
- Updated: August 28, 2014