- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
Man Utd restrict media asking Di Maria about his Marca letter saying he didn’t want to leave Real Madrid
Rob Harris, a reporter from the Associated Press, dropped an interesting tweet as Manchester United unveiled new signing Angel Di Maria at Old Trafford.
After completing his transfer from the Santiago Bernabeu, Di Maria posted a letter onto the website of Spanish paper Marca in which the Argentine said he didn’t want to leave Real Madrid.
Di Maria wrote:
Unfortunately today I have to go, but I want to make clear that this was never my desire.
After winning “La Decima” I went to the World Cup with the hope of receiving a new contract, which never came.
Hala Madrid! And until forever!
According to Harris, journalists were banned by Manchester United’s media department from asking any uncomfortable questions about Di Maria’s letter during his unveiling.
Watching MUTV, Man Utd restrict media from asking Di Maria about letter to Marca saying he didn't want to leave Real Madrid
— Rob Harris (@RobHarris) August 28, 2014
- Updated: August 28, 2014