Man United’s Shinji Kagawa linked with a move to Atletico Madrid [Daily Mail]
- August 2, 2014
With Atletico Madrid suffering an unprecedented stripping of parts for a Spanish league champions, manager Diego Simeone is very much in the market for reinforcements.
Having already brought in Mario Mandzukic and Antoine Griezmann to compensate for the departures of Diego Costa and Filipe Luis, El Cholo is now looking for an attacking midfielder, and has identified Man United’s Shinji Kagawa as a target, according to the Daily Mail.
The tabloid claim that Santi Cazorla is Simeone’s first choice for the position, but with Arsenal highly unlikely to sell, the Atletico manager sees Kagawa as a more viable option.
And with the Japanese international failing to earn a regular place in the team since arriving from Borussia Dortmund in the summer of 2012, Atletico may be able to get him for around £13m, the Mail claim.
With United manager Van Gaal having already gone or record saying the team is too heavily stocked with number 10 types, they may be willing to sell at the right price.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...