Man United & Zenit ‘open dialog’ with Inter Milan for Fredy Guarin [Corriere Dello Sport]
- August 22, 2014
Momentum is building over the notion that Manchester United will sign another midfielder before the transfer window closes on August 31st.
Whilst reports in Portugal linked the Red Devils to an official bid for Benfica’s Nico Gaitan on Friday, over on the front page of Italian daily Corriere Dello Sport, Louis van Gaal is being touted as having an interest in Inter’s Fredy Guarin.
The 28-year-old is also a prime target for Russian club Zenit, and Gazetta Dello Sport are further reporting that Andre Villas-Boas’ side have lodged a concrete offer on Thursday.
Guarin now seems to be facing a ‘one in the hand, two in the bush, scenario, with Zenit the only club to have put their money where their mouth is compared to just paper talk regarding Man United.
It’s also worth noting that Guarin has been a relative failure for Inter, scoring just eight goals in 64 appearances in two seasons at the club.
Predict 6 scores to win £250,000!
SkyBet Super 6 Special: Predict 6 scores to win £250,000!
If the jackpot isn’t won the highest scoring player will get £5,000!
- Classy: Stevan Jovetic pens farewell message to Man City on Instagram
- Samir Handanovic stops Cristiano Ronaldo free kick with stunning fingertip save (GIF)
- Real Madrid’s James Rodriguez scores beautiful 30 yard free kick golazo v Inter (...
- Inter Milan confirm they are signing Stevan Jovetic from Man City [Tweet]
- Inter Milan v Real Madrid: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Incredible behind the goal footage of Philippe Mexes’ wonder-volley for AC Milan ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi