- Man City captain Vincent Kompany laughs at “our special player” Sergio Aguero in post-match interview [Video]
- Jose Mourinho didn’t want to discuss Di Matteo pre-Schalke 0 – Chelsea 5 [Video]
- Manchester United asst manager Ryan Giggs: ‘Louis van Gaal’s been great with me’ [Video]
- Stunning Aguero hat-trick saves Man City blushes in 3-2 win over 10 man Bayern Munich [Best Tweets]
- Arsenal boss Wenger asked about rumoured crisis talks with Gazidis, neatly deflects question [Video]
Juan Cuadrado is pressurising Barcelona to up their offer or he’ll go to Man United [SPORT]
The headline story in Diario SPORT on Monday once again centres of the future of Fiorentina winger Juan Cuadrado.
Cuadrado has been chased ever since he showed his talents at the World Cup for Colombia, and for several weeks Barcelona and Manchester United have been thought to be wrestling each other to land the 26-year-old.
The latest update in the Cuadrado saga paints the player as the hard negotiator, with the Fiorentina man said to be demanding Barcelona up their offer regarding his personal pay package or he’ll go to Manchester United instead.
The understanding in the article is that whilst Man United are willing to pay more, Cuadrado ideally wants to move to Catalonia. That said, the player is refusing to take a significant pay cut to move to the Camp Nou when more money is on offer from Old Trafford. Indeed, SPORT say the Red Devils have tabled an “astronomical salary” to Cuadrado.
As for the transfer fee itself, Barcelona are reported to have closed terms with Fiorentina offers €35 million plus variables.
See a copy of the front page of SPORT on Monday below.
- Updated: August 4, 2014