- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
If not Angel Di Maria, Man United will move for Shakhtar star Douglas [Sunday Telegraph]
The Sunday Telegraph has dedicated a large proportion of their front page of their sport’s section to analysing how Manchester United are expected to behave in the final days of the transfer window.
News broke on Saturday night that, after months of speculation, Angel Di Maria seems ready and willing to move from Real Madrid to Manchester United.
Man United, who are not involved in any European football this season, are prepared to shell out 60 million pounds to bag the Argentine, according to the Telegraph.
Bit should the deal for Di Maria go south, United reported have a back-up plan: Shakhtar Donetsk’s Brazilian midfielder Douglas Costa.
The 23-year-old is well-known to be looking for a move away from the Ukraine, and the Telegraph says he “remains a possible cheaper target if the transfer [for Di Maria] should fall through”.
Also printed in the paper is belief that Danny Welbeck may be sold by Louis van Gaal before August 31st, while Roma’s Mehdi Benatia and Ajax’s Daley Blind are other names linked with a move to Old Trafford.
Man Utd v Sunderland – Best Odds!
EXCLUSIVE ODDS – 6/1 Man Utd to beat Sunderland !
Exclusive Offer: Back Man Utd to beat Sunderland at incredible odds of 6/1!
Back Man Utd at the current Sportsbook price. Your winnings will get topped up within 24hrs, if Man Utd win.
- Updated: August 23, 2014