- The Wealdstone Raider thanks Rio Ferdinand and Piers Morgan for their support [Video]
- Crazy! Alexandre Meier scores two goals in last minute to rescue point for Frankfurt in 4-4 draw! [Video]
- Cheeky! Porta [Independiente] knocks the ball past keeper, stops it on the line and backheels it in [Video]
- Nabil Bentaleb’s first Spurs goal came courtesy of a fumble from Newcastle keeper Jak Alnwick [Video]
- Openly gay footballer Robbie Rogers speaks about overwhelming support after coming out [Video]
Carlo Ancelotti admits Di Maria’s transfer request & Sami Khedira’s contract rejection
Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti has admitted on Thursday that Angel Di Maria and Sami Khedira are likely to leave the club before the transfer window closes.
Di Maria, who has been chased by Manchester United and PSG, have now asked for a transfer, the Madrid boss revealed.
As reported by the Press Association, Ancelotti has disclosed:
Di Maria asked to go in the summer and has rejected an offer from the club.
The player has to look for a solution. If when the market closes he’s still here, he will work with us like last season and there will be no problem.
He’s a Real Madrid player and until 31 August, as I’ve already said, anything can happen.
As for Sami Khedira, who has long been linked to Arsenal, Ancelotti came clean that the German World Cup winner has turned down a contract offer from Los Blancos.
It’s a different situation to Di Maria. He’s not asked to go. He’s rejected an offer to renew, but has a year of contract. We’ll see what happens.
- Updated: August 21, 2014