- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is the same type of striker as Alexis Sanchez’
- Alan Shearer pays tribute to Thierry Henry: ‘One hell of a player, and a really nice guy’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal the butt of a very Dutch joke at awards show – he doesn’t like it! [Video]
- Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti on possible Jan signings: ‘I like Christoph Kramer a lot’ [Video]
- 11 Premier League clubs charge for children to be mascots, West Ham £600 package highest [Guardian]
Benfica ready to pay €10m for Arsenal’s Joel Campbell, player’s agent meets Eagles [O Jogo & Record]
Benfica all are guns blazing to sign Arsenal’s Joel Campbell this Saturday.
After a few days are rumblings in the Portuguese press that the Gunners’ Costa Rican forward was on the viewfinder at the Stadium of Light in Lisbon, Benfica appear to have stepped up their pursuit of Campbell dramatically in the past 24 hours.
Both O Jogo and Record run with Joel Campbell as their lead story on Saturday, with O Jogo peddling the line that Benfica are ready to pay €10 million for the World Cup star, while Record are slightly more modest focusing on a loan deal.
Arsenal v Leicester – Best Odds!
EXCLUSIVE ODDS – 6/1 Arsenal to beat Leicester!
Exclusive Offer: Back Arsenal to beat Leicester at incredible odds of 6/1!
Back Arsenal at the current Sportsbook price. Your winnings will get topped up within 24hrs, if Arsenal win.
Of course, in the background of all of Benfica’s advances is the situation at the Emirates. Having lost Olivier Giroud to a broken foot Arsenal’s forward options have depleted, and the Portuguese press recognise that Campbell may only become available if Arsenal bring in a new attacker first.
With that said, Record detail that Campbell’s agent was in Lisbon on Friday to speak face-to-face with the Eagles, however no deal has currently been done.
- Updated: August 30, 2014