Arsenal target Kostas Manolas is joining Roma [Corriere Dello Sport]
- August 26, 2014
The ink has yet to be put from pen to paper, but by all accounts Arsenal target Kostas Manolas is joining Roma.
After news broke on Monday night linking to Greek centre half to Rudi Garcia’s outfit, the front page of Italian daily Corriere Dello Sport on Tuesday has rubber stamped the transfer of the sought-after Greek defender to the Stadio Olimpico.
Manolas is being recruited by Roma to replace the outgoing Mehdi Benatia, who is set to leave for Bayern Munich or either Monaco before the summer transfer window shuts.
23-year-old Manolas is set to join Roma from Olympiakos for around €11 million.
After selling Thomas Vermaelen to Barcelona, Arsene Wenger has been in the market for defensive reinforcements to add to his signing of Calum Chambers, however the Gunners will now have to look elsewhere as Manolas’ availability now seems over.
Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
Open a new account with William Hill, Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
- Gedion Zelalem bags an inch-perfect gorgeous assist for Arsenal U19s v Celtic (Video)
- Unreal skills: Laurent Koscielny scores a glorious rabona in Arsenal training (Official...
- Man United’s Daley Blind admits he rejected “incredible” Arsenal offe...
- Off to Arsenal or Liverpool? Marco Reus was with his agent at Heathrow airport on Tuesd...
- Arsene Wenger smashes the Arsenal crossbar challenge with first attempt (Video)
- Arsenal to beat Man City in the race to sign teenager Ismael Bennacer [L’Equipe]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi