Arsenal offered €16m PLUS Joel Campbell for Sporting’s William Carvalho, was rejected [A Bola]
- September 3, 2014
News keeps dripping out of Portugal over just how close Arsenal came to signing William Carvalho from Sporting Lisbon this summer.
According to the rumour mill, the Gunners tried hard to sign defensive midfielder Carvalho before September 1st, but at the end of the day the interest came to nothing.
Portuguese paper A Bola have now revealed that Arsenal offered Sporting €16m plus Joel Campbell on transfer deadline day, but Sporting refused the bid.
In fact, A Bola say Sporting issued the Gunners with a “resounding no”.
For the record, the key for getting the deal done was for Arsenal to offer €30m for the 21-year-old, however the Gunners failed to stump up such a bid for the Portuguese international.
Grab A £25 Free Bet & 10 Free Spins!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: £25 Free Bet & 10 Free Spins!!
Open an account with ComeOn & get an amazing £25 Free Bet & 10 Free Spins Welcome Bonus!
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright trolled ex Spurs owner Lord Sugar at Piers Morgan’s bir...
- Arsenal & Man United linked to Karim Benzema as Cristiano Ronaldo is set to play t...
- Watch awesome fan cam footage of how Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez won the Copa Americ...
- Arturo Vidal indicates Arsenal or Madrid moves are bogus wearing special shinpads in th...
- Double whammy for Man United: Sergio Ramos wants to stay put, Schneiderlin prefers Arse...
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez won Chile the Copa America with a glorious penalty [Videos]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi