Arsenal invited to buy Sporting’s William Carvalho for €30m [Record]
- August 27, 2014
Sporting Lisbon now seem desperate to try to offload William Carvalho before the transfer window slams shut in England on August 31st.
For months on end the likes of Man United (no longer interested) and Arsenal are have reportedly stalking the 21-year-old defensive midfielder, but until now no party has managed to land the Iberian star.
Now, according to Portuguese paper Record, Sporting are willing to accept a €30 million bid for William.
Noticeably, earlier in the summer Sporting had seemed resolute to only accept bids of around €45 million for the player (as is the price of his release clause), while recent days have seen O Jogo say that the Gunners could land the player for €30-35 million provided they loan the Portuguese club a player as part of the package.
Whether Arsenal will fork out €30 million remains unknown.
4/1 Arsenal to beat Besiktas!
EXCLUSIVE Odds: 4/1 Arsenal to beat Besiktas!
Arsenal take on Besiktas tonight in the second leg of their Champions League qualifier after drawing the first leg 0-0 and they are currently 2/5 to get the win – New Customer Exclusive.
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi