- Best Memes: Arda Turan throws his boot at a linesman during Atletico v Barcelona [Video]
- What. A. Hit! Nicolás Colazo (Boca Juniors) v Vélez Sarsfield
- Southampton legend Matt Le Tissier in video interview with The Guardian
- Some examples of Diego Costa’s history for violence in one well-made infographic [Picture]
- Quality fan footage vine of Christian Eriksen’s free-kick v Sheffield United
Arsenal invited to buy Sporting’s William Carvalho for €30m [Record]
Sporting Lisbon now seem desperate to try to offload William Carvalho before the transfer window slams shut in England on August 31st.
For months on end the likes of Man United (no longer interested) and Arsenal are have reportedly stalking the 21-year-old defensive midfielder, but until now no party has managed to land the Iberian star.
Now, according to Portuguese paper Record, Sporting are willing to accept a €30 million bid for William.
Noticeably, earlier in the summer Sporting had seemed resolute to only accept bids of around €45 million for the player (as is the price of his release clause), while recent days have seen O Jogo say that the Gunners could land the player for €30-35 million provided they loan the Portuguese club a player as part of the package.
Whether Arsenal will fork out €30 million remains unknown.
4/1 Arsenal to beat Besiktas!
EXCLUSIVE Odds: 4/1 Arsenal to beat Besiktas!
Arsenal take on Besiktas tonight in the second leg of their Champions League qualifier after drawing the first leg 0-0 and they are currently 2/5 to get the win – New Customer Exclusive.
- Updated: August 27, 2014