Arsenal challenged by Southampton in the race for Torino striker Alessio Cerci [Tuttosport]
The top story on Italian daily Tuttosport’s front page on Tuesday in a two-way Premier League battle between Arsenal and Southampton for Torino striker Alessio Cerci.
27-year-old Cerci has been tipped to leave Torino throughout the summer, and until recently AC Milan had seemed to be the favourites to bag his signature.
Now, however, Milan appear to have dropped out of the race for the Toro attacker, who last season made 38 appearances in all competitions, scoring 13 goals and adding 13 assists.
According to Tuttosport, Southampton are ready to make their move for Cerci offering €12 million for the forward.
Arsenal, though, are also said to be circling the forward (who likes to be deployed in the false nine role), particularly in the wake of news that Olivier Giroud is set for three months on the Gunners sidelines with a broken foot.
For what it’s worth, Tuttosport make it clear that Cerci would prefer to move to Arsenal.
Torino meanwhile are looking to sell their star player for €18 million.
Grab a £35 Free Bet!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get a 100% Bonus up to £35 Free!
Open a new account with TitanBet & Get a Welcome bonus Of Up To £35 Free!
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez scores again, for Chile in 2-0 win over Brazil (official...
- The Premier League team of the season so far
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...
- Arsenal loanee Wellington Silva wears a GoPro on his head, records Bolton training (Video)
- Torino’s Marco Benassi scored a cracking Van Basten volley vs Palermo (Video)
- Leaked Audio: Wife of Torino’s Afriyie Acquah reveals 4 year affair with Aston Vi...
- The top ten 2015/16 kits ft. Manchester United & Chelsea (Video)
- Man United’s Matteo Darmian posts actual goodbye to Torino fans on Facebook [Tran...