Transfer Madness! Monaco sign Porto’s James Rodriguez & João Moutinho for €70 million
- May 24, 2013
Acuerdo con el FC Porto de Moutinho y Rodríguez asm-fc.com/fr/actualites/…
— ASM FC – OFFICIEL (@ASMFC_MONACO) May 24, 2013
In the middle of all the heated debate surrounding Monaco’s legitimacy to play in Ligue 1 next season due to the special fiscal regime in the Principality, newly-promoted Monaco have gone and pulled off the mega double signing of Porto’s James Rodriguez and João Moutinho.
The official story is that €45 million was paid for Rodriguez, with the remaining €25 going on Moutinho, but rumours are now emerging that €69 million was actually paid for Rodriguez, with only €1 million on Moutinho, in order for Porto to avoid paying Sporting Moutinho’s sell-on fee.
Whatever the individual fees, its a confirmed done deal. And the transfer window is off with a bang!
Watch both James Rodriguez and João Moutinho’s 2012/13 season highlights on the clips below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...