Transfer Madness! Monaco sign Porto’s James Rodriguez & João Moutinho for €70 million
- May 24, 2013
Acuerdo con el FC Porto de Moutinho y Rodríguez asm-fc.com/fr/actualites/…
— ASM FC – OFFICIEL (@ASMFC_MONACO) May 24, 2013
In the middle of all the heated debate surrounding Monaco’s legitimacy to play in Ligue 1 next season due to the special fiscal regime in the Principality, newly-promoted Monaco have gone and pulled off the mega double signing of Porto’s James Rodriguez and João Moutinho.
The official story is that €45 million was paid for Rodriguez, with the remaining €25 going on Moutinho, but rumours are now emerging that €69 million was actually paid for Rodriguez, with only €1 million on Moutinho, in order for Porto to avoid paying Sporting Moutinho’s sell-on fee.
Whatever the individual fees, its a confirmed done deal. And the transfer window is off with a bang!
Watch both James Rodriguez and João Moutinho’s 2012/13 season highlights on the clips below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi