- Hollywood stars Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels at Arsenal v Manchester United [Pictures]
- Hulk scored a belting volley to put Zenit 1-0 up v Kuban Krasnodar [video]
- Barcelona starlet Alen Halilovic scores a long range stunner for the B team v Ponferradina [Video]
- Team Sheets: Arsenal v Manchester United
- Mark Lawrenson: ‘Dave Whelan should stand down as Wigan chairman’ [Video]
Transfer Madness! Monaco sign Porto’s James Rodriguez & João Moutinho for €70 million
Acuerdo con el FC Porto de Moutinho y Rodríguez asm-fc.com/fr/actualites/…
— ASM FC – OFFICIEL (@ASMFC_MONACO) May 24, 2013
In the middle of all the heated debate surrounding Monaco’s legitimacy to play in Ligue 1 next season due to the special fiscal regime in the Principality, newly-promoted Monaco have gone and pulled off the mega double signing of Porto’s James Rodriguez and João Moutinho.
The official story is that €45 million was paid for Rodriguez, with the remaining €25 going on Moutinho, but rumours are now emerging that €69 million was actually paid for Rodriguez, with only €1 million on Moutinho, in order for Porto to avoid paying Sporting Moutinho’s sell-on fee.
Whatever the individual fees, its a confirmed done deal. And the transfer window is off with a bang!
Watch both James Rodriguez and João Moutinho’s 2012/13 season highlights on the clips below.
- Updated: May 24, 2013