Transfer Madness! Monaco sign Porto’s James Rodriguez & João Moutinho for €70 million
- May 24, 2013
Acuerdo con el FC Porto de Moutinho y Rodríguez asm-fc.com/fr/actualites/…
— ASM FC – OFFICIEL (@ASMFC_MONACO) May 24, 2013
In the middle of all the heated debate surrounding Monaco’s legitimacy to play in Ligue 1 next season due to the special fiscal regime in the Principality, newly-promoted Monaco have gone and pulled off the mega double signing of Porto’s James Rodriguez and João Moutinho.
The official story is that €45 million was paid for Rodriguez, with the remaining €25 going on Moutinho, but rumours are now emerging that €69 million was actually paid for Rodriguez, with only €1 million on Moutinho, in order for Porto to avoid paying Sporting Moutinho’s sell-on fee.
Whatever the individual fees, its a confirmed done deal. And the transfer window is off with a bang!
Watch both James Rodriguez and João Moutinho’s 2012/13 season highlights on the clips below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...