Benteke has made an impressive start to his second season in the Premier League, scoring three times in as many games for Villa. Moreover, back in July Benteke signed a new contract keeping him at Villa Park until 2017 as his salary was raised to £60,000-a-week.
Transfer Lies: Man United & Arsenal want to sign Christian Benteke in January [Star & Mirror]
- September 9, 2013
The transfer window is over but the silly season isn’t.
The Star on Monday have attracted plenty of attention but claiming that “Manchester United ready to fight Arsenal for Aston Villa star Christian Benteke.”
Hack Jack Wilson farted:
The Gunners made a bid to sign the Belgium striker, 22, on transfer deadline day. Aston Villa turned down the advance. But now David Moyes could be set to make his own offer to take him to Old Trafford.
Benteke expressed his desire to leave Villa Park at the end of the season but he completed a spectacular u-turn and signed a new deal with the club. Villa boss Paul Lambert won’t want to sell his prized asset, who scored 19 goals in his first campaign in the Premier League.
- Arsenal stopper Petr Cech speaks about how he became a goalkeeper (Video)
- Gary Neville says Jack Wilshere’s chant about Spurs was the best thing he’s...
- Petr Cech ignored Mourinho to leave Chelsea, signed for Arsenal because of Wenger [Mail]
- Jose Mourinho takes thinly veiled dig at Petr Cech’s decision to join Arsenal (Vi...
- Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud pulls off WWE takedown in FIFA 15 glitch (Video)
- Mourinho takes no extra satisfaction from his Wenger record, sees Arsenal as title cont...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi