Benteke has made an impressive start to his second season in the Premier League, scoring three times in as many games for Villa. Moreover, back in July Benteke signed a new contract keeping him at Villa Park until 2017 as his salary was raised to £60,000-a-week.
- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
- Robinho scores silky solo effort after bamboozling defence with step-overs [Video]
- David Moyes was spotted chatting to Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre at Turf Moor
Transfer Lies: Man United & Arsenal want to sign Christian Benteke in January [Star & Mirror]
The transfer window is over but the silly season isn’t.
The Star on Monday have attracted plenty of attention but claiming that “Manchester United ready to fight Arsenal for Aston Villa star Christian Benteke.”
Hack Jack Wilson farted:
The Gunners made a bid to sign the Belgium striker, 22, on transfer deadline day. Aston Villa turned down the advance. But now David Moyes could be set to make his own offer to take him to Old Trafford.
Benteke expressed his desire to leave Villa Park at the end of the season but he completed a spectacular u-turn and signed a new deal with the club. Villa boss Paul Lambert won’t want to sell his prized asset, who scored 19 goals in his first campaign in the Premier League.
- Updated: September 9, 2013