Benteke has made an impressive start to his second season in the Premier League, scoring three times in as many games for Villa. Moreover, back in July Benteke signed a new contract keeping him at Villa Park until 2017 as his salary was raised to £60,000-a-week.
Transfer Lies: Man United & Arsenal want to sign Christian Benteke in January [Star & Mirror]
The transfer window is over but the silly season isn’t.
The Star on Monday have attracted plenty of attention but claiming that “Manchester United ready to fight Arsenal for Aston Villa star Christian Benteke.”
Hack Jack Wilson farted:
The Gunners made a bid to sign the Belgium striker, 22, on transfer deadline day. Aston Villa turned down the advance. But now David Moyes could be set to make his own offer to take him to Old Trafford.
Benteke expressed his desire to leave Villa Park at the end of the season but he completed a spectacular u-turn and signed a new deal with the club. Villa boss Paul Lambert won’t want to sell his prized asset, who scored 19 goals in his first campaign in the Premier League.
- Arsene Wenger: We surprised Manchester United with our pace (Video)
- Arsenal fan uses the win over Man United to send a message to Jose Mourinho (Video)
- Louis van Gaal was ‘amazed’ at how much space Man United gave Arsenal (Video)
- The confusing story about Arsenal’s new £130,000-a-week contract offer to Alexis ...
- Jack Grealish chooses to play for England rather than Ireland (Best Tweets)
- If DJ Tim Westwood was Aston Villa boss, there would be ‘hot after-parties’...
- Charles N’Zogbia photographed at Aston Villa training in worst outfit to date [In...
- Aston Villa beat Birmingham thanks to a trademark Rudy Gestede header (Video)
- Liverpool’s Christian Benteke & Simon Mignolet take on Rugby challenge with ...
- Liverpool asst manager updates on Benteke’s hamstring injury, sings Danny Ings...
- Bad news for Liverpool as Christian Benteke goes for an MRI scan on his hamstring
- Anthony Martial and Christian Benteke star in cartoon Street Fighter parody (Video)