TRAGIC: A Napoli fan who was wounded in a gun fight with Roma ultras before the Coppa Italia final has died
- June 25, 2014
A terrible story has taken Luis Suarez’s bite on Azzurri defender Giorgio Chellini off the top of the news cycle in Italy on Wednesday.
The lead story in the European peninsula is the news that Ciro Esposito, a Napoli fan who was attacked by Roma ultras before the Coppa Italia final, has now died.
After getting wounded in a gun fight, Esposito was admitted to hospital with serious injuries.
He had since spent 50 days in hospital battling for his life, but yesterday, after a major turn for the worse when he suffered multiple organ failures, the Napoli fan passed away.
One Roma ultra, Daniele De Santis, is already in police custody for the offence, and there have already been signs of reprisals from from Napoli fans as a banner saying “De Santis. Fascist murderer. Napoli hate you!” has already gone up in Naples.
See a picture of that banner below.
- Vlad Chiricheș starts training with Napoli following move from Spurs
- Napoli attacker Lorenzo Insigne scores lob in 5-1 friendly win over Cittadella (Video)
- Diego Maradona climbs on a table to belt out ‘No Woman No Cry’ (Video)
- Napoli’s Gonzalo Higuain filmed in an altercation in Ibiza after he partied at Pa...
- Tancredi Palmeri claims Arsenal “have made” a €45m offer for Napoli’s...
- Everton have made contact with Napoli winger Dries Mertens [Het Laatste Nieuws]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...