TRAGIC: A Napoli fan who was wounded in a gun fight with Roma ultras before the Coppa Italia final has died
- June 25, 2014
A terrible story has taken Luis Suarez’s bite on Azzurri defender Giorgio Chellini off the top of the news cycle in Italy on Wednesday.
The lead story in the European peninsula is the news that Ciro Esposito, a Napoli fan who was attacked by Roma ultras before the Coppa Italia final, has now died.
After getting wounded in a gun fight, Esposito was admitted to hospital with serious injuries.
He had since spent 50 days in hospital battling for his life, but yesterday, after a major turn for the worse when he suffered multiple organ failures, the Napoli fan passed away.
One Roma ultra, Daniele De Santis, is already in police custody for the offence, and there have already been signs of reprisals from from Napoli fans as a banner saying “De Santis. Fascist murderer. Napoli hate you!” has already gone up in Naples.
See a picture of that banner below.
- Everton have made contact with Napoli winger Dries Mertens [Het Laatste Nieuws]
- Napoli President De Laurentis wants €94m for Chelsea target Gonzalo Higuain [Corriere d...
- Chelsea eye €40m swoop for Gonzalo Higuain but they face competition from Man United [C...
- Arsenal bid €40m for Gonzalo Higuain, Napoli holding out for €50m [Gazzetta dello Sport]
- Real Madrid-bound Rafa Benitez writes farewell letter to Napoli fans
- Rafa Benitez: I’m happy and excited to become the Real Madrid boss
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi