Tottenham’s Jermain Defoe agrees £90,000 a week deal to join MLS side FC Toronto [Mirror]
Despite the lack of goals scored by Tottenham this season, striker Jermain Defoe has struggled for playing time.
The 31 year old is intent on making the England World Cup squad and has reportedly agreed a January move to MLS side FC Toronto in order to do so.
The Mirror claim Defoe has agreed a £90k wage with the MLS team managed by former Premier League star and Tottenham teamate Ryan Nelson.
Only founded in 2006, Defoe would likely become their star player but whether or not England manager Roy Hodgson would be impressed with goals scored in the MLS is another matter altogether.
The Mirror report that Spurs would receive £6m for the transfer.
Watch Live Stream
- A lot of people think Jermain Defoe should be in England Squad after Soccer Aid ‘heroics’ [Tweets]June 5, 2016
- Sunderland striker Jermaine Defoe on last minute penalty equaliser (Video)April 30, 2016
- Introducing the new drinking game: You Know, Jermain Defoe (Video)January 29, 2016
- Jermain Defoe has a special trick for turning on his tap in his house [Instagram Video]January 27, 2016
- Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish promises Wilfried Zaha won’t be sold to Spurs [Quotes]August 26, 2016
- Tottenham v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 26, 2016
- Chelsea’s official channel destroy a Spurs fan on FacebookAugust 26, 2016
- Phil Coutinho a major doubt for Tottenham v Liverpool [Liverpool Echo]August 26, 2016