Tottenham’s Jermain Defoe agrees £90,000 a week deal to join MLS side FC Toronto [Mirror]
- November 26, 2013
Despite the lack of goals scored by Tottenham this season, striker Jermain Defoe has struggled for playing time.
The 31 year old is intent on making the England World Cup squad and has reportedly agreed a January move to MLS side FC Toronto in order to do so.
The Mirror claim Defoe has agreed a £90k wage with the MLS team managed by former Premier League star and Tottenham teamate Ryan Nelson.
Only founded in 2006, Defoe would likely become their star player but whether or not England manager Roy Hodgson would be impressed with goals scored in the MLS is another matter altogether.
The Mirror report that Spurs would receive £6m for the transfer.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]