- Brendan Rodgers: ‘Mario Balotelli may have to get used to Liverpool bench’ [Guardian]
- ‘This is Fabregas Football’: Jose Mourinho post-Chelsea 2 – West Ham 0 [Video]
- John Terry & MOTM Eden Hazard interview post-Chelsea 2 – West Ham 0 [Video]
- Barça loanee (West Ham) Alex Song: ‘Arsenal is a big family that’s still part of my heart’
- Man United star Angel Di Maria INJURED in final training session before Newcastle game
Tottenham’s Gareth Bale gave a Real Madrid shirt-wearing fan an autograph [Picture]
The silly season continues.
On the same day that Spanish news agency AS reported that Real Madrid have offered €110m, including Fabio Coentrao, for Gareth Bale, a new picture of the Tottenham star is being circulated as a possible indication that the Spurs forward maybe moving to Spain this summer.
The picture in question shows Tottenham’s number 11 signing an autograph for a Real Madrid fan, while the Welsh international appeared to have a smirk on his face.
Of course, this picture in no way offers any real insight into whether Bale will be at Tottenham throughout 2013-14. Moreover, Spurs fans should be reminded of the misplaced optimism Manchester United fans found themselves with when Thiago Alcantara signed a Red Devils shirt earlier in the summer.
Keeping with more concrete Bale updates, Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed that his forward will miss the Premier League opener at Crystal Palace on Sunday due to injury.
The picture of Gareth Bale giving a Real Madrid shirt-wearing fan an autograph can be seen below.
UPDATE: To allay fears that signing an autograph means anything, a picture of Bale offering his signature to a Barcelona fan while on international duty can also be seen below.
- Updated: August 15, 2013