- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
Tottenham’s Andros Townsend is giving up defending duties because a fortune cookie told him so [Picture]
Tottenham winger Andros Townsend is now taking tactical advise not from Andre Villas-Boas but a fortune cookie.
The 22-year-old Spurs forward, who has been one of the revelations of the season at both White Hart Lane and for England, posted a comedy message on Twitter on Tuesday night after receiving advise from a fortune cookie.
Townsend’s message read:
This is what came out my fortune cookie…. Looks like I don’t have to track back and defend anymore guys! Haha
Cue a slew of Spurs fans only too happy to tell their #17 that he never tracked back anyways.
Read Andros Townsend’s tweet below, along with a few Tottenham jokers who took the bait hook, line and sinker.
This is what came out my fortune cookie…. Looks like I don't have to track back and defend anymore guys! Haha pic.twitter.com/c5rGT5KFSz
— andros townsend (@andros_townsend) December 10, 2013
— Michael Andrews (@Mike_Andrews24) December 10, 2013
@andros_townsend you never tack back and defend in the first place lool
— George Cunniffe (@georgecunniffe) December 10, 2013
- Updated: December 11, 2013