- A musical review of football in 2014 to the song “We Didn’t Start The Fire” [Video]
- Liverpool target Xherdan Shaqiri allowed to leave Bayern Munich in January for £10m [Blick]
- Enhanced Odds! Back runaway Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich to beat Mainz at 11/4!!!
- Classic! Man City’s James Milner incredibly boring interview responses from 2004
- Bournemouth 1 – Liverpool 3: Reds set up Chelsea semifinal as Sterling shines [Official highlights]
Tottenham’s Alex Pritchard scored for Swindon in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy southern final
20-year-old Alex Pritchard, who is on a season-long deal at Swindon from Tottenham, had a night of mixed fortunes against Peterborough in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy southern final on Monday night.
Swindon missed out on a trip to Wembley losing a penalty shootout with the Posh.
The Robins took the lead in the first half when Spurs loan star Alex Pritchard lashed home his seventh goal of the season after Massimo Luongo’s low cross into the box wasn’t cleared by the Posh defence.
Britt Assombalonga levelled for the Posh after the break, and when the game went to penalties the visitors won 4-3 to book their place in the final.
For the record, Pritchard also scored his spot-kick to continue his excellent season in front of goal for Swindon.
Watch Tottenham’s Alex Pritchard score twice for Swindon in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy southern final below.
- Updated: February 12, 2014