Tottenham’s Alex Pritchard scored for Swindon in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy southern final
- February 12, 2014
20-year-old Alex Pritchard, who is on a season-long deal at Swindon from Tottenham, had a night of mixed fortunes against Peterborough in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy southern final on Monday night.
Swindon missed out on a trip to Wembley losing a penalty shootout with the Posh.
The Robins took the lead in the first half when Spurs loan star Alex Pritchard lashed home his seventh goal of the season after Massimo Luongo’s low cross into the box wasn’t cleared by the Posh defence.
Britt Assombalonga levelled for the Posh after the break, and when the game went to penalties the visitors won 4-3 to book their place in the final.
For the record, Pritchard also scored his spot-kick to continue his excellent season in front of goal for Swindon.
Watch Tottenham’s Alex Pritchard score twice for Swindon in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy southern final below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...