Tottenham’s Alex Pritchard scored for Swindon in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy southern final
- February 12, 2014
20-year-old Alex Pritchard, who is on a season-long deal at Swindon from Tottenham, had a night of mixed fortunes against Peterborough in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy southern final on Monday night.
Swindon missed out on a trip to Wembley losing a penalty shootout with the Posh.
The Robins took the lead in the first half when Spurs loan star Alex Pritchard lashed home his seventh goal of the season after Massimo Luongo’s low cross into the box wasn’t cleared by the Posh defence.
Britt Assombalonga levelled for the Posh after the break, and when the game went to penalties the visitors won 4-3 to book their place in the final.
For the record, Pritchard also scored his spot-kick to continue his excellent season in front of goal for Swindon.
Watch Tottenham’s Alex Pritchard score twice for Swindon in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy southern final below.
- Sao Paulo prepare for Alexandre Pato to move to Tottenham before the window closes [UOL]
- Spurred On urge Daniel Levy to splash the cash after Spurs 0 – Everton 0 (video)
- Man United fans rip into Harry Kane after he fired another blank v Everton (Tweets)
- New Spurs striker Heung-Min Son gives first interview since move (Video)
- Europa League Draw: Liverpool & Tottenham get relatively easy groups
- Spurs confirm signing of Son Heung-min from Bayer Leverkusen
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...