Tottenham will sell Gareth Bale to Real Madrid for €100m and Morata [Guardian]
- July 31, 2013
Tottenham are finally ready to do business with Real Madrid, if the back page of Thursday’s Guardian can be relied upon.
According to the broadsheet, “Bale can leave €100m and Morata – Tottenham ready to sell forward to Real Madrid but demand highly rated young striker in exchange.”
Deeper in the piece, journalist David Hytner makes notes that Tottenham’s interest in Morata is in addition to Spurs’ pursuit of Roberto Soldado from Valencia.
As an aside, the deal for Soldado seems close to completion after Valencia left the centre-forward out of their touring party to America, announced on Wednesday night.
20-year-old Morata shone at the Euro U21 Championships in Israel earlier in the summer, where the 6ft 2in striker ended the tournament as the top goalscorer with four goals for the Spanish victors.
Last season Morata bounced back and forth between Madrid’s B team and Jose Mourinho’s first-team squad, making 12 appearances in all under the Special One in the Primera Liga.
He netted the winner off the bench at Levante in November and scored the opener in a home win over Rayo Vallecano in February.
- Gareth Bale & Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey celebrate Wales win over Cyprus on Inst...
- Almost There: Gareth Bale & Ashley Williams delighted with Wales grinding out 1-0 ...
- Gareth Bale’s bullet header gives Wales 1-0 win in Cyprus (Videos)
- Real Madrid star Gareth Bale scores brilliant behind-the-goal goal on Wales duty (Video)
- Bale & James bag braces as Real Madrid smash Real Betis 5-1 (Highlights)
- Gareth Bale gives first ever Spanish interview with 3 sentences learned by heart (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...