Tottenham to sign Bulgarian playmaker Todor Nedelev from Botev Plovdiv for €5.87m
- August 20, 2013
Numerous news reports in Bulgaria are all promulgating the same left-field transfer story this Tuesday: Tottenham are set to sign Bulgarian playmaker Todor Nedelev from Botev Plovdiv for €5.87m.
Nedelev is regarded as one of the brightest talents to have emerged in Bulgarian football for some time, with the 20-year-old attacking midfielder having already collected his first cap for the national team having played 56 times for Botev Plovdiv, scoring 15 goals.
Last season Nedelev scored 9 goals and registered 12 assist in Bulgaria’s top flight., while the starlet has started this season on fire scoring 4 goals in 4 league games and 3 goals in 5 Europa League qualifiers.
Accustomed to wearing the number 10 jersey, Nedelev is a predominantly left-footed midfielder who is constantly looking to torment his opposition. Whilst his defensive abilities are not his strong point, Nedelev has a record of scoring golazos from long range, as well as being able to tee up teammates with his excellent vision and distribution skills.
According to Bulgarian news outlet Труд, Tottenham have agreed a deal to bring Nedelev to White Hart Lane after representatives of Botev spend two days in London finalising the terms of the deal. Should the €5.87m deal come to fruition, it would make Nedelev’s transfer a record deal for any Bulgarian player bought straight out of the domestic league.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...