- Chelsea appear to have a clear advantage with the fixture list in the build-up to the Capital One Cup final
- Andrea Pirlo’s quality skills v Parma for Juventus in the Coppa Italia [GIF]
- USA coach Jurgen Klinsmann backheels TWO balls at the same time! [GIF]
- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
Tottenham to sign Bulgarian playmaker Todor Nedelev from Botev Plovdiv for €5.87m
Numerous news reports in Bulgaria are all promulgating the same left-field transfer story this Tuesday: Tottenham are set to sign Bulgarian playmaker Todor Nedelev from Botev Plovdiv for €5.87m.
Nedelev is regarded as one of the brightest talents to have emerged in Bulgarian football for some time, with the 20-year-old attacking midfielder having already collected his first cap for the national team having played 56 times for Botev Plovdiv, scoring 15 goals.
Last season Nedelev scored 9 goals and registered 12 assist in Bulgaria’s top flight., while the starlet has started this season on fire scoring 4 goals in 4 league games and 3 goals in 5 Europa League qualifiers.
Accustomed to wearing the number 10 jersey, Nedelev is a predominantly left-footed midfielder who is constantly looking to torment his opposition. Whilst his defensive abilities are not his strong point, Nedelev has a record of scoring golazos from long range, as well as being able to tee up teammates with his excellent vision and distribution skills.
According to Bulgarian news outlet Труд, Tottenham have agreed a deal to bring Nedelev to White Hart Lane after representatives of Botev spend two days in London finalising the terms of the deal. Should the €5.87m deal come to fruition, it would make Nedelev’s transfer a record deal for any Bulgarian player bought straight out of the domestic league.
- Updated: August 20, 2013