- Newcastle’s Jack Colback & Paul Dummett speak post-Everton win as Pardew dodges press [Video]
- Chicharito scores at Real Madrid training, after slick stepover skills from Isco [Video]
- Gooner Bully expects Arsenal to finish in the Top 3 after West Ham win [Video]
- Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla: ‘If Alexis Sanchez wants to take the next penalty, no problem!
- Arsenal fans Claude & Ty bicker over West Ham win [Video]
Tottenham to rest Adebayor, Walker & Defoe for trip to Dnipro [The Times]
Defoe Adebayor Walker not expected to travel to Dnipro who have says THFC can't train at the stadium but must use the training ground
— Gary Jacob (@garyjacob) February 19, 2014
Gary Jacob, a reporter for The Times, is one of the most reliable around when it comes to news about Spurs.
Early on Wednesday morning, Jacob Tweeted the suggestion that Tottenham will not take Emmanuel Adebayor, Kyle Walker or Jermain Defoe to the Ukraine for their Europa League first leg clash with Dnipro on Thursday.
After some scintillating recent form, including 9 goals in 11 Premier League games under Tim Sherwood, it has long been mooted that Emmanuel Adebayor would not make this trip.
This should give an opportunity to Roberto Soldado to make an impression with the Spaniard needing a big performance to stake his claim for a first team start in the coming weeks.
We can also expect Kyle Naughton to replace Kyle Walker in the right back slot and the absence of Jermain Defoe, who is heading for Toronto at the end of the month – should give Harry Kane an opportunity, perhaps off the bench.
Spurs head to Norwich in the Premier League on Sunday as they look to keep up their charge for a Champions League spot.
- Updated: February 19, 2014