Tottenham to rest Adebayor, Walker & Defoe for trip to Dnipro [The Times]
- February 19, 2014
Defoe Adebayor Walker not expected to travel to Dnipro who have says THFC can't train at the stadium but must use the training ground
— Gary Jacob (@garyjacob) February 19, 2014
Gary Jacob, a reporter for The Times, is one of the most reliable around when it comes to news about Spurs.
Early on Wednesday morning, Jacob Tweeted the suggestion that Tottenham will not take Emmanuel Adebayor, Kyle Walker or Jermain Defoe to the Ukraine for their Europa League first leg clash with Dnipro on Thursday.
After some scintillating recent form, including 9 goals in 11 Premier League games under Tim Sherwood, it has long been mooted that Emmanuel Adebayor would not make this trip.
This should give an opportunity to Roberto Soldado to make an impression with the Spaniard needing a big performance to stake his claim for a first team start in the coming weeks.
We can also expect Kyle Naughton to replace Kyle Walker in the right back slot and the absence of Jermain Defoe, who is heading for Toronto at the end of the month – should give Harry Kane an opportunity, perhaps off the bench.
Spurs head to Norwich in the Premier League on Sunday as they look to keep up their charge for a Champions League spot.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]