Spurs target Paulinho has signed a pre-deal with Inter, according to Shakhtar’s CEO [GdS]
- June 17, 2013
Gazzetta dello Sport have dashed Tottenham fans’ hopes that their club would sign Paulinho this summer claiming that the Brazilian international has signed a pre-deal with Inter Milan.
The news was publicised by Gazzetta after being revealed by Shakhtar Donetsk CEO Sergei Palkin.
Palkin told reporters: It’s true that we wanted to sign Paulinho, but he has already signed a pre-deal with Inter Milan.
Palkin’s claims have been rejected by in-the-know Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio, however.
According to Di Marzio the Shakhtar official made his statement in reaction to Paulinho’s refusal to move to the Ukraine, and there is no evidence that Inter have in fact done a deal for the Corinthians star yet.
24-year-old Paulinho, who recently scored in a 2-2 friendly draw with England for Brazil, is rumoured to command a transfer fee of 17 million euros.
Should Inter land the Brazilian, Tottenham fans could end up doing a deal with the Nerazzurri for their Colombian midfielder Fredy Guarin.
Video evidence of Paulinho during 2012-13 for Corinthians can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi