Spurs target Paulinho has signed a pre-deal with Inter, according to Shakhtar’s CEO [GdS]
- June 17, 2013
Gazzetta dello Sport have dashed Tottenham fans’ hopes that their club would sign Paulinho this summer claiming that the Brazilian international has signed a pre-deal with Inter Milan.
The news was publicised by Gazzetta after being revealed by Shakhtar Donetsk CEO Sergei Palkin.
Palkin told reporters: It’s true that we wanted to sign Paulinho, but he has already signed a pre-deal with Inter Milan.
Palkin’s claims have been rejected by in-the-know Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio, however.
According to Di Marzio the Shakhtar official made his statement in reaction to Paulinho’s refusal to move to the Ukraine, and there is no evidence that Inter have in fact done a deal for the Corinthians star yet.
24-year-old Paulinho, who recently scored in a 2-2 friendly draw with England for Brazil, is rumoured to command a transfer fee of 17 million euros.
Should Inter land the Brazilian, Tottenham fans could end up doing a deal with the Nerazzurri for their Colombian midfielder Fredy Guarin.
Video evidence of Paulinho during 2012-13 for Corinthians can be seen below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...