- Hilarious! Southampton’s Twitter account offers one Saints fan love advice [Tweets]
- THUNDERBASTARD! Charlee Adams (Lincoln City) nets first career goal in Lincolnshire derby [Video]
- Chelsea fans put to the test: “Would you kiss a beautiful Tottenham fan” [Video]
- “At last back home” – Ex-Chelsea man Fernando Torres tweets about return to Atletico Madrid
- DONE DEAL! Atletico Madrid announce the signing of Fernando Torres [Tweets]
Spurs target Paulinho has signed a pre-deal with Inter, according to Shakhtar’s CEO [GdS]
Gazzetta dello Sport have dashed Tottenham fans’ hopes that their club would sign Paulinho this summer claiming that the Brazilian international has signed a pre-deal with Inter Milan.
The news was publicised by Gazzetta after being revealed by Shakhtar Donetsk CEO Sergei Palkin.
Palkin told reporters: It’s true that we wanted to sign Paulinho, but he has already signed a pre-deal with Inter Milan.
Palkin’s claims have been rejected by in-the-know Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio, however.
According to Di Marzio the Shakhtar official made his statement in reaction to Paulinho’s refusal to move to the Ukraine, and there is no evidence that Inter have in fact done a deal for the Corinthians star yet.
24-year-old Paulinho, who recently scored in a 2-2 friendly draw with England for Brazil, is rumoured to command a transfer fee of 17 million euros.
Should Inter land the Brazilian, Tottenham fans could end up doing a deal with the Nerazzurri for their Colombian midfielder Fredy Guarin.
Video evidence of Paulinho during 2012-13 for Corinthians can be seen below.
- Updated: June 17, 2013