Tottenham target Leandro Damiao: “I can’t say I’ll stay if offer comes in”
- January 9, 2013
Perennial Tottenham target Leandro Damiao returned to Internacional pre-season training today and was immediately swamped by questions from reporters eager to know if he is heading to north London.
Damiao was present at the Ballon d’Or gala in Zurich on Monday, invited after finishing the London 2012 Olympics as top goal scorer, and outlined some of his ambitions for the coming Brazilian season.
Most intriguing for Spurs fans was that Damiao admitted he cannot guarantee staying at Internacional for the upcoming 2013 campaign.
The Brazil striker said: “For now, I assure you I’ll stay. There is no offer, no negotiation. But I can’t say I’ll stay if an offer comes in.”
His agent has also been talking to the Zero Hora newspaper, Vinicius Prates: “I have not received any offers, I can assure you… I don’t think he [Damiao] will leave in January because he is happy at Internacional and under contract until 2015.”
With Emmanuel Adebayor heading to the Africa Cup of Nations, Tottenham have just one recognised striker on the books for January, after their visit to QPR on Saturday.
Andre Villas-Boas has already outlined that Damiao is a player Spurs are still watching and newspaper reports in England suggest a bid is imminent.
Despite being linked with a move to Napoli by the Italian press today, all reports in Brazil point to Spurs being in pole position.
This could be a long month for Spurs fans eager for reinforcements up front…
Video evidence of Leandro Damiao in action is below, a clip with all 24 of his goals in 2012.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...